Poll

Should the personal account be offered for free?

Yes. I would use it at this point.
31 (46.3%)
Yes, it should.
30 (44.8%)
No. Keep it 3.50.
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)  (Read 22344 times)

It will be $3.50 per month for a personal account, and $5.00 for a professional account.

I wouldn't be hosting the servers. I'm just offering a platform for people to host them.
it's still a hosting service lol.

It will be $3.50 per month for a personal account, and $5.00 for a professional account.

whats the difference?

Personal limits you to personal use (2 servers to control max). Also disables the billing panel, and the email notifications.

Professional allows you to have unlimited clients, enables the billing panel, email notifications, and allows you to create clients for your control panel.

so what have you actually developed of this blockStar stuff?

also the name sounds like you've pulled it out of your ass, just saying

Sounds like a neat project but I'd question someone's ability to manage a production server if they had to sacrifice part of their profit margin to use this instead of developing their own management interfaces.

Pointing this project in the direction of just centralised web management for self hosted servers would be a much wiser idea tbh.

Sounds like a neat project but I'd question someone's ability to manage a production server if they had to sacrifice part of their profit margin to use this instead of developing their own management interfaces.

Pointing this project in the direction of just centralised web management for self hosted servers would be a much wiser idea tbh.

most likely this won't be used by major hosting services as RTB Hosting service and Kaphost.

It'll probably be used by private or small services. As bigger hosting services, would develop one of their own.

But I see what you mean.

so what have you actually developed of this blockStar stuff?

also the name sounds like you've pulled it out of your ass, just saying
Actually, everything is "done". I did a project similar to this a while ago that I'm using as the basis for blockStar.

I came up with the name while thinking of OnStar.

I would say that it's a small price to pay since you're essentially saving a lot of time and resources. Especially for the personal accounts.

Client Pictures
The client was designed to be a very simple resource. The idea is that you should never need to really open it.

(you'll receive the Authentication code when you register a clients account online. just copy and paste it)

Fun little feature. You can change the color of your blockStar client in the settings. It will change the color of your hosting panel online as well. Can be any color you desire.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:45:24 PM by Jeep »

yah Comblock is there!

A hosting service service? Dear god why?

so it is like the rtb control panel, with managing your server and stuff, but you arent hosting the server, a host would put their server there for them to manage out of game?

OP looks horrible on Windows, great on everything else

aka the OP is perfect