Author Topic: My music and stuff (no it's not edm or house or any of that bullstuff) NEW TRACK  (Read 1642 times)

I make ambient music; check my stuff out.

Tracks and stuff:
Cotton Waterfalls
Guitar stuff that gets a droney toward the end.

Grandfather
This is basically an edit/remix of an already existing song, but it sounds pretty different from the original. It takes a little bit to build up, so be patient.

Purple Fingers
Made completely from samples that are basically manipulated to the point of being unrecognizable (except for the guitar and flute.)

Bonus cheesy piece of stuff midi song
Spent 5 minutes on a midi keyboard and this is what happened.

stuff.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:53:26 PM by Snaffle J. Bean »

It is electronic though

It is electronic though
Electronically made, yes. The top two tracks are all made from samples from non-electronic music on vinyl, though. It also doesn't sound anything like EDM or House music.

this is not the kind of music i expect from someone named snaffle j bean.

i listened to grandfather and then accidently listened to four minutes of silence afterwards, not realizing the song had ended - and that i had paused the song myself, to keep it from repeating.

and after listening to purple fingers i blinked for the first time in four minutes and fifty seconds.
it still stings.

what the forget is your music doing to me and why is it beautiful

what the forget is your music doing to me and why is it beautiful
it's taking control of your mind via audio-electrical impulses administered through your speakers which travel to your ear cbrown town and execute several lines of code which is designed to make you think you are hearing the most beautiful music ever while i slowly but surely gain control of all your vital systems and eventually your entire body; your lack of realization and blinking are merely tests to make sure the code has been successfully executed.

but seriously tho it's just ambient music

I dont really like Grandfather.

It sounds like a bunch of random noises.

I dont really like Grandfather.

It sounds like a bunch of random noises.
2deep4u. ambient music is just too complex for your tiny and inferior mind

Seriously though, ambient music is kind of hard to get into right off the bat; it's also not for everyone.

but seriously tho it's just ambient music
is it really?
maybe it's just this time of night that made it hit me really hard
i feel like i just took drugs
and i don't even know what taking drugs feels like

this is like that kind you music you can never sing but can never forget.

augh i feel all emotional and inspired to do something great stop it snaffle

maybe it's just this time of night that made it hit me really hard
i feel like i just took drugs
and i don't even know what taking drugs feels like
"dude its like im high but not really but totally yes i am high as stuff but not actually oh god i dont even knowwwww"

this is like that kind you music you can never sing but can never forget.

augh i feel all emotional and inspired to do something great stop it snaffle
CAN'T STOP IT NO YOU CAN'T STOP IT

honestly i don't know why my music would make you feel like that

holy stuff
these sound loving fantastic through my headphones
I really want to see you dabble in some other stuff, like adding more melodic sounds and percussion.
Like this (it's a song my friend made, and incidentally one of my favorite songs):
https://soundcloud.com/kynes/aliki-farms-measure-1976

honestly i don't know why my music would make you feel like that
you have a gift

now go and make millions with it. :S

holy stuff
these sound loving fantastic through my headphones
I really want to see you dabble in some other stuff, like adding more melodic sounds and percussion.
Like this (it's a song my friend made, and incidentally one of my favorite songs):
https://soundcloud.com/kynes/aliki-farms-measure-1976
I'm experimenting with better/more intricate percussion in some WIP tracks (this being one of them.) I'm not really cut out for making melodic stuff, though. For about a year I tried to make actual songs and then came to the conclusion I'm better at making soundscapes and ambient stuff.

I did recently make a remix for someone that's not as slow/atmospheric as my other stuff, though.

now go and make millions with it. :S
I would, but it's likely I wouldn't get popular enough. Even if I did, I wouldn't sign with any big label; I'd rather stay with a smaller one that wouldn't take as high of a percentage of sales (assuming I sell any of my music.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:45:47 AM by Snaffle J. Bean »

I'm experimenting with better/more intricate percussion in some WIP tracks (this being one of them.) I'm not really cut out for making melodic stuff, though. For about a year I tried to make actual songs and then came to the conclusion I'm better at making soundscapes and ambient stuff.
Hmm.
Fair enough.
Great stuff, anyway. Really professional sounding.

Great stuff, anyway. Really professional sounding.
Thanks. I was hoping I got the mixing right; I just got a pair of monitor headphones and had to readjust everything to sound good.

You've got some nice stuff here, man. I don't normally listen to ambient music, so I couldn't give any specific criticisms, but everything's very well mixed, and I love the intro on Purple Fingers.