Author Topic: What ever happened with blockland Glass?  (Read 2797 times)

loving hell, I had browsed the forums tired enough to sleep very shortly after that, and as a result, believed Glassi was a figment of my dream.

Glassi, just leave, please.
Ya, Totally ignore my point and say this, Gj.
Where do I get it!
It was never completed unfortunately .

It was never completed unfortunately.
Aw, I was hoping it could teach me how to send files :c

Sorry I haven't been following the Glass sig story much, what happened to him "not getting a new account" because he's spending too much on it or something?

Well, glad to know that atleast someone is still thinking about the project. It's changed focus once again. Right now, I'm not really in a good place to talk about it, but I do have plans and I'm still making progress.

Regarding posts saying that it was just a UI remake, it wasn't. It was a large framework system/API that, if it had caught on, would have made blockland a much more graphic and user-friendly game. At one point we included BlockOS, but then split the two later. The system was hit with the same problem that RTB is currently facing, so the server is currently offline.

For those of you who haven't noticed by now, Blockland Glass is my project.

I just came up with my own system (technically a protocol) for sending text files over TCP. You can't send binary files.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:35:47 PM by Scout31 »

Why not :c
Engine limitations. TorqueScript can't handle binary. The only reason we can download binary is because a special method on TCPObjects, where the buffer is saved directly to the file without passing through the script environment.

Engine limitations. TorqueScript can't handle binary. The only reason we can download binary is because a special method on TCPObjects, where the buffer is saved directly to the file without passing through the script environment.
So Badspot could create a similar method for uploading them?