Nasoa's Kart Racing [v2]

Author Topic: Nasoa's Kart Racing [v2]  (Read 34479 times)

Simple map rotation using events.

Have all maps loaded on the server, far away from each other.

Have all the spawns named.

OnMinigameReset - toggle event - 1

have about 10 events that are unchecked liked this.

once it gets to event 10 or so, have "OnMiniGame Reset - (spawn name) - SetColor: Then the color."

You get the idea.. right?
It's not as simple as this, You reallize you have to do WAY more complicated events than this, or everyone could do this kind of stuff.

Have all the spawns named.

OnMinigameReset - toggle event - 1

have about 10 events that are unchecked liked this.

once it gets to event 10 or so, have "OnMiniGame Reset - (spawn name) - SetColor: Then the color."
i don't think you can reset a minigame so that every player is spawned on a specific spawn brick.

It's not as simple as this
i would know how to make a map rotation that uses almost all default events, aside from SetPlayerTransform. it isn't easy, but it's not over-complicated.

or everyone could do this kind of stuff.
everyone can do this kind of stuff, but most people are too lazy to make multiple maps for their games.

Ingame name:
Gen. Fire Bird
ID: 24579
Online: whenever, usually ~3:00 - ~10:00
Other Reason(s):
Experience: None!I take that back, I used to host my own server, and have a little experience from Jelly's server(not Mr. Jelly i think)
Why should I become admin?: (Copied from first admin app in topic, but still applies to me) I love this server. It's the funnest server I've played on Blockland in a long time, and I'd like to make sure it stays moderated so it can stay nice, and populated.
Recommendations:
Gettin 'em.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:07:50 PM by GEN.Fire Bird »

Ingame name:
Gen. Fire Bird
ID: 24579
Online: whenever, usually ~3:00 - ~10:00
Other Reason(s):
Experience: None!
Why should I become admin?: (Copied from first admin app in topic, but still applies to me) I love this server. It's the funnest server I've played on Blockland in a long time, and I'd like to make sure it stays moderated so it can stay nice, and populated.
Recomendations:
Gettting 'em.
This has hardly any effort put into it, you have a seriously bad chance at being accepted.
You should consider actually making one with effort put into it.

IGN: Tudor
ID: 29168 (afaik)
Online: A lot of the time, I'm the first to arrive on the server
Other Reason(s):
Experience: Admin on a few minecraft servers like TreeCraft and ElemenoCraft, SFU on ShadowEmpire, admin on a small number of blockland servers I can't remember.
Why should I become admin?: When I first get on the server, there's no admins. I'm the only one, and it's nice, until someone comes on. A lot of the time that certain someone is a handicap that wants to break the game - I want to make sure nothing happens. Basically, I'm from GMT+2, and I heard you needed admins from this area.
Recommendations:

also did you notice badspot stole took the map, modified it a bit and is now hosting it?
no joke, he really is
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:42:48 AM by Tudoreleuu »

also did you notice badspot stole took the map, modified it a bit and is now hosting it?
no joke, he really is

woa cool

woa cool
we all know what that means

richardS!
vehicle updates!

It also mean Racing gamemode, I guess?
Everything is automated on the server

Yeah, we were talking about that a couple pages back. Pretty weird. I wonder when he was on.

Yeah, we were talking about that a couple pages back. Pretty weird. I wonder when he was on.
s/was/is/
his server is still up
he has about 11 players
we have 1

I solved the multiple track/track rotation problem. Multiple simultaneous minigames and when the track changes, the minigame stays but people are forcefully transferred to another minigame.

Nasoa, how did you make it so you die and your vehicle gets destroyed upon entering the water?
If its a mod link me it please in a PM or post.

any impressions on my app?

i don't think you can reset a minigame so that every player is spawned on a specific spawn brick.
In Slayer, the teams are controlled by color'd spawn bricks, so if the color is off blue, and you make it blue, it wont work.

So having the events change the spawn color would be perfect, as they would just use the other spawn.

So lets just go over 1 team.

Team 1's color is BLUE.
OnMiniGameReset > (Named brick) T1a > SetColor > BLACK
OnMiniGameReset > (Named brick) T1b > SetColor> BLUE

"T1a" is Team1, map A.
"T1b" is Team1, map B.

So now that the color is wrong on the first map, and the second map now has the correct color spawn, they will spawn there instead of the first map.