Author Topic: The EDM Megathread v2  (Read 120699 times)

I was being serious, FL sucks. Like if you can make music in it, woo good for you, but if you're an amateur you should stray away. It's garbage.

And sure, you can tell me 3 artists that use it and made it big, but I can tell you 100 artists that use other programs and their music sounds 10x better.

Also, while Madeons music is pretty cool, it's so incredibly simple and watered down its not even funny.
Give me some legit reason why you believe it sucks. Just curious.
-snip-
Mother of god...

I wish I knew this thread existed a long time ago.

Personally, I listen to F-777. He makes some dubstep, but primarily Techno and Electro.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JesseValentineMusic?feature=watch

p. sure that's just your opinion bruh

Uh no? That's coming from a musician with years of experience who makes money playing his music. P. sure you haven't been making EDM for anywhere near as long as I have bruh.

Give me some legit reason why you believe it sucks. Just curious. Mother of god...

Just go read the other EDM topic, I went over it with like 8 people and by the end of the argument I convinced every single person going against me that they are using the wrong program. I can't be assed to find it and copy and paste it.

it's still your opinion lol

I dunno king he makes money and you don't so im p sure he wins bruh

And that Madeon thing didn't look too simple to me, lol. I don't even want to know what the mixer looked like.

I dunno king he makes money and you don't so im p sure he wins bruh

And that Madeon thing didn't look too simple to me, lol. I don't even want to know what the mixer looked like.

3/4 of those are pre recorded loops and samples..

You're a dense mother forgeter.

And sure, you can tell me 3 artists that use it and made it big, but I can tell you 100 artists that use other programs and their music sounds 10x better.
>implying it's the software that makes you sound good

There are bands that record with Garageband that play better than ones that record and master with pro tools/abelton. Your logic is flawed.

Software doesn't mean stuff when you can't play or compose music worth a damn.

You're a dense mother forgeter.
'kay

and i cannot get enough of approaching nirvana omg

I can make a stuffty band sound really good with pro tools and ableton. I can't even make a good band sound good in Garageband. I completely disagree with that statement.

I can make a stuffty band sound really good with pro tools and ableton. I can't even make a good band sound good in Garageband. I completely disagree with that statement.
So you can make someone that can barely play guitar sound amazing with pro tools and abelton?

If you play bad, you sound bad; no amount of editing can fix an absolutely awful band.

So you can make someone that can barely play guitar sound amazing with pro tools and abelton?

If you play bad, you sound bad; no amount of editing can fix an absolutely awful band.
That's not true. Behold my latest Recording Arts project; a drummer that can barely play drums:

By using quality mics, micing the drums properly, and EQing the individual channels plus a bunch of prostprocessing effects, I was able to turn this stuff into an acceptable backbeat for the track we were making. I don't have the audio file right now, but yes, I can make someone that can't play well sound good with Pro Tools.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:29:40 PM by !Trinick »

I can make someone that can't play well sound good with Pro Tools.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0dTW0ngHjNP

This is me playing "when the saints go marching in" like a drunken idiot; make it sound good (without remaking it yourself)

protip: it's impossible

i love how it went from FL vs. Albeton to Pro Tools vs. Garageband

I could pocket the notes, use pitch correction software to make your notes correct, add reverb so it doesn't sound so disgustingly staccato, and export for you. Too bad I'm not at school and I don't have any software to do that right now.