Author Topic: The EDM Megathread v2  (Read 120698 times)

The latest Monstercat release has a little Daft Punk sound to it.
mmmmm

Hey hey guess what? I don't know what I'm talking about. I know nothing of scales, barely anything about chords, and nothing at all about music theory. I still don't get what keys are, and I'm spoiled as hell for getting a 75 dollar MIDI controller. I make what sounds good. I use FL Studio, YEAH, FL STUDIO! Sorry I can't get the god of all programs Ableton, I'll stick with my just-as-good program that literally does the same exact thing (which is making music in that of a computer program). So yeah, I don't know what the forget I'm talking about, but I guess I'm okay with that <3

I'm trying to educate you, jackass. So you don't sound like a loving fool.

You need sum larnin' boi
im fairly sure keys are things used to unlock doors

no they serve as identification for values in lua tables and python dictionaries

anyone else listen to ABGT?

You need sum larnin' boi
Varien's helping me with his tutorials on music theory and such. Damn he's awesome.

Varien's helping me with his tutorials on music theory and such. Damn he's awesome.
Excellent

I would offer to help but I just get it for the most part. I listened to classical music exclusively until maybe age 9.
However, I still suck at reading music.

Sounds great.

EDIT: exiting a drop without cringing is like the most difficult stuff ever
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:05:42 PM by Kingdaro »

so obviously none of you listen to abgt and therefore have 0 taste

i did drumstep
I bet you used Harmor :P

Sounds awesome, kind of had a Droptek feel to it (one of the synths, that is). But yeah nice job.

I bet you used Harmor :P

Sounds awesome, kind of had a Droptek feel to it (one of the synths, that is). But yeah nice job.
to me, the drop sort of resembled one of adventure club's songs. but the main melody was half inspired by coyote kisses.

and yes, i used harmor. that's like asking if men have richards