Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1324652 times)

Are you going to get one?

depending on price i may get 2 :D
i would pay 800 for one. otherwise ill get multiple 980s or something.
price matters.

amd is re-releasing one of their top cards with 8g to.
but unless its equal or lesser price then it currently is, i woudlnt touch that one. its aged already.
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-to-re-launch-radeon-r9-290x-graphics-cards-with-8gb-of-memory/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:07:14 PM by Bisjac »

$800 is more than my entire build, lol

it is kinda nice how games and resolution are now requiring more vram. i can dig that.
but there arent enough card options with hi vram lol
4g should be a minimum now
3g for 1080p

So I got my computer back out tonight and now it's working. I just need my OS and I'm set

I don't need all your fancy high-tech state of the art video bobulators. My 2GB HD 6970 performs great with whatever I throw at it.

Heck, even my 6870 1GB still handles everything I've ever thrown at it with excellent performance.

I don't need all your fancy high-tech state of the art video bobulators. My 2GB HD 6970 performs great with whatever I throw at it.
Heck, even my 6870 1GB still handles everything I've ever thrown at it with excellent performance.
Maybe you both aren't throwing hard enough... :)

dual core 990 announced to be out soon :D
expected to be basically using two 980 chips.
rumored to have 8g vrm
Jesus.

it is kinda nice how games and resolution are now requiring more vram. i can dig that.
but there arent enough card options with hi vram lol
4g should be a minimum now
3g for 1080p
i only have 256 MB of memory in my 8600 gt  :cookieMonster:

So my new PSU is dead for whatever reason (not even 1 year old) and I need a new one, it was a Corsair TX650 which I believe is here. Someone did recommend me this one here but I wanna see how many other alternatives there are that will actually last a year unlike my PSU. Try to keep it above 600w and below $150-ish.

yeah thats better. just buy new not refurb

im a fan of the supernovas by evga

Alright sweet, now I am considering getting a UPS for my computer in the event of a power outage (These occurred often ever since a stupid bird hit the telephone pole, so maybe the constant outages destroyed my PSU) UPS are an extra component that can keep the computer one a little bit longer so you can save whatever needs to be save and turn off the computer safely. Anyone wanna recommend me some?