Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329332 times)

if they suck, then go on a fun adventure of taking the monitors apart

I'm sure out of 6 of them, at least one will work.

Samsung isn't THAT bad.

Hopefully they didn't leave them behind because they're faulty, because I've had bad experiences with those monitors. They basically, if left on for too long, the whole screen becomes inverted and just odd looking. It's not a problem with the LCD panel itself since the OSD looks fine, but something with the way it did VGA input.
I haven't tested all of them, but they left everything behind because they basically got locked out after not paying rent. In the one I tested, it was sadly reading 1600x900 instead of 1080p, and there were a few unnoticeable dead pixels.

My current laptop is stuffting the bed, looking to get a new one. Popped onto newegg and saw this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315062
Is it any good? And does anybody now good the 940m is? I've been out of the loop on cards for a couple years.
My current laptop has a 1.7ghz quad core amd A8 and a 6750m, so I'm not expecting much.

So I managed to score some sweet stuff on craigslist tonight.  Got an HD 7950 3Gb card for 80 dollars and I even managed to sell off at the same time my Galaxy Tab 3 for 150 bucks.  Now to just upgrade the processors on the cheese grater mac pro I bought and it'll be rocking.

i wanna buy computer stuff off of craigslist, but i'm always paranoid it's some murderer that lures people into their homes.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gpmChM
suggestions
add more ram

So I managed to score some sweet stuff on craigslist tonight.  Got an HD 7950 3Gb card for 80 dollars and I even managed to sell off at the same time my Galaxy Tab 3 for 150 bucks.  Now to just upgrade the processors on the cheese grater mac pro I bought and it'll be rocking.

reference cards are lovey, i'm just worried that they won't cool very well in the long run

i wanna buy computer stuff off of craigslist, but i'm always paranoid it's some murderer that lures people into their homes.

It's why you meet in public areas, granted the guy I got the GPU and Mac Pro from both had me meet them at their houses, but they were both in very nice areas that I'm used to and happen to be super chill tech guys.

My snake just broke my desk in half. Thanks for the tech boner.

add more ram
reference cards are lovey, i'm just worried that they won't cool very well in the long run
I need a reference card, the two fans on my current gpu are taking air in from the back grills of my case and bringing in dust.

Um, i don't think this is correct.
I just checked my BIOS to make sure and it says my motherboard is running at 30~ degrees.

What the forget speccy?

Pour water on it to see if it evaporates! :cookieMonster:

Upgrading to Windows 10 right now.

Last call, guys. Do it?

Welcome windows saTen onto your computer

It's time to throw caution to the wind! Windows 10, here I come!