Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329036 times)

Dude, just think about it for a second
first off, all air is is a bunch of hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen (mostly) molecules floating around, with trillions of molecules every single square centimeter, an "airflow" is just when all these molecules are moving in generally the same direction. Having these molecules moving around doesn't change its density by all that much, and certainly doesn't change their temperature. When molecules hit something they transfer some of their energy in the form of heat, so they'll slowly start to equalize out to eachother. The only other way things can lose heat is through radiation, but that happens extremely slowly and can only happen if it's in a near-perfect vacuum, which this certainly isn't.

By the laws of physics alone, there is no way to cool it below ambient temperature if the thing that's doing the "cooling" is just a fan.
but yet i've seen a lower than ambient temperature on multiple computers and i've gone around asking my friends and they all say they've seen it too
do you want to tell me ALL of our motherboards are broken?

Ok, let's play a fun little game. Children, gather around, download Speccy, and lets see how many of you have sub-ambient temperatures on your computers!

I live in Phoenix, that comes out to about 111F. It's 102F outside right now. Pretty ambient.

i've gone around asking my friends and they all say they've seen it too
what friends :cookieMonster:

I live in Phoenix, that comes out to about 111F. It's 102F outside right now. Pretty ambient.
I didn't know you lived in AZ, I'm in Tempe right now, its super forgetin hot outside, lol.

its so hot in my city i sweat through my nike shorts like gaddam i cant wait for hoodie season

its so hot in my city i sweat through my nike shorts like gaddam i cant wait for hoodie season
i wear my hoodie at school and never take it off

but yet i've seen a lower than ambient temperature on multiple computers and i've gone around asking my friends and they all say they've seen it too
yes
it's literally happening with me right now. it's 71 degrees fahrenheit in here

I didn't know you lived in AZ, I'm in Tempe right now, its super forgetin hot outside, lol.

Tempe's a neat part of AZ, 'cuz it has tons of delicious food places and it also has Fujiya Market.

Of course you do.
Just... 3 more months? lol
Tempe's a neat part of AZ, 'cuz it has tons of delicious food places and it also has Fujiya Market.
Yeah, definitely a more cultural part of the greater phoenix area.

Nice and cool in Minnesota right now.

i do too but only when im in the dungeon and the ac is blasting

Jeez does everyone live in Arizona?
Chandler 2015

Not broken no, just inaccurate.

Even in Show Low area Arizona is hell for my computer, especially since a few houses dont have AC up here.

131oF on my cpu rite now