Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1328862 times)

u w0t m8?
If you can't afford much for a PSU, those are some of the best for $20-$30 that I've found. I wouldn't recommend them for an expensive build ever, but they're still fairly reliable.

Also on WD vs Seagate, I guess everyone's experience is difference. I've heard people say that Seagates are better than WD and vice versa. Just seems WD>Seagate is more common, so I generally recommend WD. It's just personal preference.

yeah i used to stick to just WD but a guy at the local shop i was at said i should try a seagate this time cause it was cheaper and i did and its been better than my WD drives

yeah i used to stick to just WD but a guy at the local shop i was at said i should try a seagate this time cause it was cheaper and i did and its been better than my WD drives

I've never had a problem with both WD and Seagate.

If you can't afford much for a PSU, those are some of the best for $20-$30 that I've found. I wouldn't recommend them for an expensive build ever, but they're still fairly reliable.

Also on WD vs Seagate, I guess everyone's experience is difference. I've heard people say that Seagates are better than WD and vice versa. Just seems WD>Seagate is more common, so I generally recommend WD. It's just personal preference.
I get what you're saying, what I don't get is why the Corsair CX is better than the Antec Earthwatts. The Antec has a more modern internal design, better voltage regulation and AFAIK better parts quality too. If I were to compare it to a Corsair PSU I'd say it's a little closer to something like a Corsair CS.

I get what you're saying, what I don't get is why the Corsair CX is better than the Antec Earthwatts. The Antec has a more modern internal design, better voltage regulation and AFAIK better parts quality too. If I were to compare it to a Corsair PSU I'd say it's a little closer to something like a Corsair CS.
Oh. Never mind then. I've just not heard much about Antec PSUs, but that makes sense.

Ah, just a question about that build. Am I able to livestream/record heavy-ish games with it? Like elite dangerous or something.

Ah, just a question about that build. Am I able to livestream/record heavy-ish games with it? Like elite dangerous or something.
probably not unless you were to figure out a way to let another computer stream it through a capture card, and even then, the gpu isnt very strong

probably not unless you were to figure out a way to let another computer stream it through a capture card, and even then, the gpu isnt very strong
I managed to livestream (barely) csgo (30 fps, 720p) with some dual core 2.1 ghz and a geforce 825M

While im p sure I can stream csgo with no probs at all with that build it still questionable for elite.
Well I stall have an oldish avermedia game capture so I guess I can use that too.

Just wondering, what computer do you have now? Because you might be better off just replacing the processor and video card, and leave everything else.

Just wondering, what computer do you have now? Because you might be better off just replacing the processor and video card, and leave everything else.
hes got a laptop

Its a laptop... so yeah...
Anyways what do you think I need for recording/streaming elite? I consider getting the GTX 960 for $160 instead of the GTX 750 for $113.

If you can get a 960 for only $160 then go for it, it's a pretty significant upgrade over a 750ti
hes got a laptop
oh, right

If you can get a 960 for only $160 then go for it, it's a pretty significant upgrade over a 750tioh, right
Alright. Im still suprised the price is still under $500
But will it stream? Its not really that importand but I just think its fun to do when bored.

Alright. Im still suprised the price is still under $500
But will it stream? Its not really that importand but I just think its fun to do when bored.

Yes

Yes
Aight. Thanks everybody :^)

EDIT: forget I forgot, doesnt it need a fan or something?
Also is a wireless adapter necessary? Since I cant use ethernet.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 06:09:05 PM by espio100 »