Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1335132 times)

Alright, what Linux distro do you guys recommend? I'm tired of Ubuntu. I want something I can actually use for day to day use or for programming. I'm thinking about getting Arch but it seems a little complicated. Though, I wouldn't mind putting in the work.

I often use Slitaz and 4mlinux(for maintenance).

Slitaz is a light distro (because the size of my pendrive). You can see more information at: http://www.slitaz.org

I buy keys from gray market sellers on reddit. There is a sub for microsft software sales.
Can get a win10 home for like 35bucks.

No idea where the keys come from, but they always work and always remain working.

I buy keys from gray market sellers on reddit. There is a sub for Microsoft software sales.
Can get a win10 home for like 35bucks.

No idea where the keys come from, but they always work and always remain working.
I don't know about retail versions, but I know that manufacturers or people usually can buy OEM licenses/keys at a much lower price and in bulk than a consumer can get.

Buy win 7 for cheaper
Upgrade to win 10
You just saved about 10 bucks.
Good job!

Solution: DVI master race.
Kinda late on this but DVI will be very soon outdated.  It's a clunky large port as opposed to DisplayPort.  DisplayPort is the definite future, HDMI the stepping stone.

Kinda late on this but DVI will be very soon outdated.  It's a clunky large port as opposed to DisplayPort.  DisplayPort is the definite future, HDMI the stepping stone.
When your graphics card has 2 DVI ports and you have 2 DVI monitors, guess what im going to use?
VGA is now outdated to where its no longer on video cards
DVI has 2 outputs on 970 and before. 980 and above has 1 DVI port, 1 HDMI, and 3 Display ports.

Reason being that DVI is still used is because it has the same potential as HDMI just without audio. Cheaper monitors that dont have speakers tend to use DVI.
I don't see it being completely removed for at least another generation of cards, maybe.

I bought the good build on Logical Increments. How forgeted am I?

doesnt the logical increments site state that it should never be used as a hard sheet but rather as a guideline

doesnt the logical increments site state that it should never be used as a hard sheet but rather as a guideline
Er, I think that it is really clearly stated that you can do a full build, or just individual parts.
The goal for each tier is to recommend the best computer parts for that budget, focusing on getting the maximum performance and value for the money.

Each build features recommendations for the main components in a PC: Graphics Card, CPU, Heatsink, Motherboard, RAM, Hard Drive, Solid State Drive, Power Supply, and Case. In many tiers, we recommend multiple options for each component. Be assured, all components within a tier are guaranteed to be compatible, so you can mix-and-match within the tier as you see fit.

When you decide on a component or full build that you want to purchase, you can click on the part to be taken to an online retailer where you can purchase the part. - See more at: http://www.logicalincrements.com/newuserguide/#sthash.gEdiD1Gf.dpuf

http://www.logicalincrements.com/newuserguide/

I'm looking to upgrade my AMD 6350 Vishera six core cpu to something better, preferably with solid cores and not virtual cores. Has to also work with this mobo, any suggestions? working on a $200 budget

I'm looking to upgrade my AMD 6350 Vishera six core cpu to something better, preferably with solid cores and not virtual cores. Has to also work with this mobo, any suggestions? working on a $200 budget
i suggest you wait untill you can buy intel or wait even further for the AM4 ZEN to come out

Okay so apperently CeX is a thing and I found an i7 thats cheaper than the i5 I bought.
Omargerd I want it but im brooooke

CeX is such a bad name if they're an English speaking company...

CeX is such a bad name if they're an English speaking company...
Blaqk Audio did the same thing with their album title for one of their first albums, "Cexcells"