Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329429 times)

I tought they where loud af?

:(
how much should I roughly spend?
what brands are good/bad?

tyvm

Good Brands = Corsair , Ducky, KB Paradise, Leopold, Matias, Deck, Vortex

Bad Brands = Razer... come on you know their quality has gone down the stuffter in the years

As for switches , good brand switches are CherryMX, Khail, Gateron, and Topre, theres a few other ones but those are the best brand switches, the types are a bit different for cherry heres a chart :

Its all about your preference.

How razer sells: put loving leds on everything

That's actually a very common thing now unfortunately.

b-but my chroma technology

ty zero btw, I'll have a look into it soon

Dont get me wrong. Leds are cool and all but razer is now making stuffty overpriced products and the only reason they sell is because they have leds
They even have a mouse pad with lights for christ sake

I'm having a real loving problem trying to run dual monitors here. I have two monitors, both can take VGA and DVI inputs, and I have a graphics card which has 1 DVI slot and 1 HDMI slot. I also have a motherboard with dvi, vga and hdmi.

I then bought a HDMI to VGA adapter, and tried using it. It doesn't work. Dont know why, nothing to test the cables with.

Can I run a screen off the motherboard, or is there another way around this? I looked into this and someone said I could change a setting in BIOS to enable it but

I looked through the whole BIOS and couldn't find it

Enable intel graphic something something
Basicly you have to enable the intels igpu iirc

Alright I found this

To make it easier on your eyes the text at the bottom reads:

Auto: The primary display will be set to PCI-E when a PCI-E graphic card is detected
CPU Graphics: Force the primary display to be from the CPU Graphics
PCI-E: force the primary display to be from the PCI-E graphic cards
PCI: force the primary display to be from the PCI graphic cards

Which PCI do I want?

Cpu and enable cpu graphics multi monitor

Cpu and enable cpu graphics multi monitor

But I'm currently running my only monitor through the GPU, will it change the second monitor to display from the GPU?

Well its called cpu multi monitor.
So I dont think it would, I have no idea tbh. Its worth a try.
But it will make a small amount of vram available on the gpu so thats nice.

If im looking to get a prebuilt desktop that can support VR and semi-intense rendering, where should I look? I don't want to go much higher than $1000 if possible but if necessary i can go as high as $2000.

For 1000 you can get a solid machine, but honestly build one yearself. You'll save a couple of hunderd bucks

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kyG9sY
For 1050 dollars you can get this baby.
Featuring the new i5-6600K skylake. With its 14nm lithography its up to 50% faster then its older generation. Also with 8Gb dual memory DDR4 you can get fast ram stuff or whatever. Altrough if you change the mobo you can also get cheaper ddr3.
For the glu the 290X is the AMD equivilant of the GTX Titan. A very powerfull card. Unless you want nvidia shadowplay or shield or whatever your shouls get a GTX 970 tough.
A 1Tb WD blue with a 240Gb SSD for boot and some games.
A cheap but amazing case. The NZXT S340 is undoubtly the best budget case out there. Altrough the window scratches p easy so look out for that.
And the PSU is a 600W fully modular 80+ gold so its more then enough.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:44:29 AM by espio100 »