Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1325613 times)

I want to build a fish tank, build my stuff in there and throw some mineral oil in there but heres the problem
Im a lazy piece of stuff who doesnt bother maintaining that stuff and neither do I have money

I mean look at this stuff
ok then linustucktaps.

but dude that'd be sick, I thought of it once but it's a forgetton of effort to just get good cooling.

sample size too small to properly represent the reliability of hundreds of thousands of drives
rats

evga stock just went up!!!

:^)

ok then linustucktaps.
lol other people have done mineral oil pc's besides LTT. LTT wasn't the first group to do it

but dude that'd be sick, I thought of it once but it's a forgetton of effort to just get good cooling.
Its not about the cooling
its about the   a e s t h e t i c s

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($62.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Red 5TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($194.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $426.92

How does that look for a media server that will at the very most handle 3 720p plex streams, I'm gonna also use it  as a fileserver for my amazon fire running kodi as well

Looking good but I would buy 2 drives and set up a raid
Or 4 if you want raid 10 but thats allot of money

Yeah I know I just don't want to drop all the money on drives right now.  It's more to replace the old PC I was using for HTPC and  stuff that I gave to my sister.  I'm planning on turning   it into a real NAS but I figured the drives can wait a little longer.  Right now everything is on a 5TB portable drive

I want to build a fish tank, build my stuff in there and throw some mineral oil in there but heres the problem
Im a lazy piece of stuff who doesnt bother maintaining that stuff and neither do I have money
[i mg width=1000]http://i.imgur.com/V5CFT7r.jpg[/img]
I mean look at this stuff
brother that's boiling
(Or is it that the fans are somehow intaking air??)

Slightly outdated Album

http://imgur.com/a/BHRDj

Only difference:
 - 1x 1Tb SSD (For games)
 - 1x 4Gb RAM (This was donated to me, aint gonna say no)
 - 1x Monitor
 - Completely different house so it now has an additional table.

I will take a picture of the final setup I have when I get home but its something to start.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:00:43 PM by Shocklink »

can someone PM me a link to a cheap gaming computer prebuilt for like 200 dollars and a great gaming laptop?

brother that's boiling
(Or is it that the fans are somehow intaking air??)
Probably just bubbler like in a fish tank

evga stock just went up!!!

can someone PM me a link to a cheap gaming computer prebuilt for like 200 dollars and a great gaming laptop?
>gaming computer or laptop
>200$ budget
choose one

there aren't any good prebuilts for that price

200 will get u a decent graphics card

Built my computer a week ago and haven't run into any problems.
Able to take on any game I've tried so far at 75 fps with max graphics settings.

quickly sell the 970 and get a 1070