Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1343000 times)

cheapest one:

- unspecified i7

- 8GB Ram

- R9 370

the forget Alienware

ew?? These are really nice entry-level cards for people who don't want to spend a ton.

has there been any release date? i havent seen

What would be the next logical step in terms of an upgrade? Price range around 200-300 dollars.

you save for about 500-600
then upgrade to skylake mobo/cpu/ram

the size of the UI on that monitor is why I can't ever see myself getting any kind of UHD or whatever monitor

What would be the next logical step in terms of an upgrade? Price range around 200-300 dollars.
SSD + RX470/480, SSD first and the video card when the non-reference models some out.
you save for about 500-600
then upgrade to skylake mobo/cpu/ram
lol, that's not gonna do jack when he doesn't even have an SSD, and even then a $300 Skylake CPU/mobo/RAM combo will be maybe 5% faster than the Haswell i5 he has now.

well an hd isnt 300 bucks.
and the 960 is already at the tier of his haswell.

the only reasonable upgrade is to ditch the chipset.

You can pair far more powerful GPUs with a Haswell i5 before the performance becomes an issue, at least a GTX970/980, R9 390(X) or RX 470/480. Given how little Intel improves on their CPU performance each generation he can probably skip socket 1151 entirely. Heck, I'm still on a 2500K and yet my next upgrade isn't going to be the CPU/mobo but rather the video card.

I'm on a i5 3450... That wouldn't bottleneck an rx 480/470 would it?

I like the colors of alienware though, just into all that LED Lighting and stuff. What is it that people hate about it so much? I mean it runs some stuff at good settings. But I could see why people would prefer to build their own.

I like the colors of alienware though, just into all that LED Lighting and stuff. What is it that people hate about it so much? I mean it runs some stuff at good settings. But I could see why people would prefer to build their own.
You have expensive pc's
You have over prices pc's
You have over expensive overpriced pc's
And than you have alienware
That's why people don't like alienware, they're just expensive asus's

I was thinking an SSD would be a good idea, you guys are awesome! I'll also look at some better video cards, if you guys have any recommendations feel free to tell me! Thanks for the info, you all have helped me many, many, times and you haven't let me down.

You have expensive pc's
You have over prices pc's
You have over expensive overpriced pc's
And than you have alienware
That's why people don't like alienware, they're just expensive asus's
please remove your apostraphes

the size of the UI on that monitor is why I can't ever see myself getting any kind of UHD or whatever monitor
try having 1440p on a 13 inch screen

stuff's hard man

but i like it when i do drawerings
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:12:39 PM by ßlöükfáce »