Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1343108 times)

Ok, so I currently have 8gb ram, how will another 8gb help me?
unless you're actually having trouble with it, don't bother

for real I'd be down with AMD cards if they weren't goddamn stoves.
nvidia cards are also "stoves" when using stock cooler

nvidia cards are also "stoves" when using stock cooler
Is there anything else than stock coolers?
Or do you mean reference card?

ok so i am giving myself $400 at most to upgrade my mobo/ram/cpu. thoughts on this list? i'm especially wondering how many years a 6600k/6500 + 1070 will be great for in gaming. i'm excited to upgrade but i sure do hate to spend the money lol-- glad i held off spending $200 fixing minor dents on my car

i5-6600k or i5-6500. not sure if the power difference is highly considerable, too lazy to research atm

asus Z170-A (this) and get this stick, or get the asus Z170-P D3 and keep my current 2x4 2400/11 ddr3 ram and tune it for skylake

probably meant reference card
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:37:32 PM by Zloff »

i5-6600k or i5-6500. not sure if the power difference is highly considerable, too lazy to research atm
dont bother with a K unless you plan on overclocking and have a good CPU cooler (AKA not a stock one)

dont bother with a K unless you plan on overclocking and have a good CPU cooler (AKA not a stock one)
he could always have the option in the future

also despite the fact that it wasn't the cause of my jc3 problems, I would still like to move windows to the SSD. I'll make everything irrelevant smaller now
BOOM, DONE
i appreciate the 1 person who tried to help, even tho I didn't use their advice

well, they're not mutually exclusive

ok so i am giving myself $400 at most to upgrade my mobo/ram/cpu. thoughts on this list? i'm especially wondering how many years a 6600k/6500 + 1070 will be great for in gaming. i'm excited to upgrade but i sure do hate to spend the money lol-- glad i held off spending $200 fixing minor dents on my car

asus Z170-A (this) and get this stick, or get the asus Z170-P D3 and keep my current 2x4 2400/11 ddr3 ram and tune it for skylake
probably meant reference card
Go for the 6600K only if you think you'll ever overclock.  Intel has a great new extreme tuning utility that lets you OC easily within Windows but even so only get it if you think you'd ever OC.

Don't go with DDR3 RAM for Skylake.  That just sounds weird.  Also DDR4 RAM goes at like 2000+ MHz by stock, you'll want that.  Find a mobo that does a high stock memory frequency.

I really need to replace my HDD soon, it's beginning to make weird noises and loud ticking sounds.

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_announced_their_radeon_pro_ssg_gpu_with_1tb_of_onboard_memory/1
First solid state graphics card?
Also it costs a small loan of 10K dollars if you're too lazy to read it

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_announced_their_radeon_pro_ssg_gpu_with_1tb_of_onboard_memory/1
First solid state graphics card?
Also it costs a small loan of 10K dollars if you're too lazy to read it
what the actual forget lol

why do I feel like this card'll just catch on fire

what the actual forget lol

why do I feel like this card'll just catch on fire
because it is going to

because it is going to
"1 TB of onboard memory"

yep, might as well get some kindle for it.

come on you guys it's deep blue so it must obviously be cold all the time

Go for the 6600K only if you think you'll ever overclock.  Intel has a great new extreme tuning utility that lets you OC easily within Windows but even so only get it if you think you'd ever OC.

Don't go with DDR3 RAM for Skylake.  That just sounds weird.  Also DDR4 RAM goes at like 2000+ MHz by stock, you'll want that.  Find a mobo that does a high stock memory frequency.
my rationale for considering the k is i could buy a great cooler and oc it in the coming years so it can keep up with the next generation(s) of processors, as opposed to buying a whole new cpu and potentially mobo/ram

as for ddr3, fair enough lol