[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310787 times)

Why must you do this to yourself and me
Ah, for college on top of needing a powerful computer.

Well in my case I don't want to use my account for my brothers computer and he is a computer illiterate so he won't be able to update his drivers
Make him an account. It takes less than a minute to do so.

Like a religion and I've never heard about it til now lol
You deserve a shotgun to the face kurt cobain style for not knowing

You deserve a shotgun to the face kurt cobain style for not knowing
no u

received my new 1070 FE after I RMA'd the old one. Tested out Watch Dogs (the game that was most prone to crashing) and went all around the map as fast as possible to put the most amount of stress possible on the card, and no crashes, only dropping to 45 fps in the middle of Chicago.

I haven't done enough to fully determine whether or not this card'll work, but it seems to work fine so far. About to go to work but when I get back home this card best work, maybe I'll finally be able to fill up an entire bathroom with bodies now in Hitman without lagging balls.

Are any of you good with Cryptography? Can you explain to me how Digital Signatures work? Sources i find on the internet just dont really seem to get through to me

does anyone know whats the risk of trying to use recovery software on your boot drive? it seems every type of software out there discourages you from doing it.

Are any of you good with Cryptography? Can you explain to me how Digital Signatures work? Sources i find on the internet just dont really seem to get through to me
It depends on which type of public-key cryptosystem you're using. With RSA, it's some modular arithmetic that's quite similar to how you encrypt a message. In systems like ECC, it's much more complex.

It depends on which type of public-key cryptosystem you're using. With RSA, it's some modular arithmetic that's quite similar to how you encrypt a message. In systems like ECC, it's much more complex.
So it different depending on which Cryptographic system you're using?

PGP also uses the same principals, right?

I thought Cryptographic math was pretty straightforward but I never knew it was this complex

you have two keys: a private key, and a public key
as the names indicate, one you don't show anyone, and other, you show everyone (who has use for it). I would hope you can figure out which is which
the relationship between the two keys is neat because you can use one to encrypt something, and the other can decrypt it. it doesn't matter which one is being used for which operation, the other will always be able to decrypt (unless you're using some weird cryptosystem I guess)

signatures are when you use some hash function on the entire message you are sending, encrypt it with one of the keys, and include that encrypted bit along with sending the actual message (encrypted or unencrypted). the point of hashing it first is so that you're not using RSA or whatever to encrypt the entire message
then, when the message is received, it's (decrypted if encrypted, then) hashed, and the signature (the original hash, from the very first part) is decrypted using the corresponding key, then they check if the hashes match. if so, great. otherwise, fricked

if ANY part of the message differed from the original, or ANY part of the signature differed from the original, then the hashes will not match, indicating that something has been tampered with/corrupted. as a side effect, it also proves that the sender is who they say they are (or at least, that they are the person who has the private key that corresponds to the public key they gave you)

disclaimer: it's very likely that I have not helped you understand at all
ippy baby I think you're misunderstanding the question (or am i wow)
does anyone know whats the risk of trying to use recovery software on your boot drive? it seems every type of software out there discourages you from doing it.
if, for some godforsaken reason, the recovery software automatically takes action on the things it discovers, then no, you should not use it on anything sensitive, or in fact anything at all just on principle. recuva, for instance, does no writing until you specifically tell it to, and is therefore completely harmless

PGP also uses the same principals, right?

I thought Cryptographic math was pretty straightforward but I never knew it was this complex
PGP uses RSA as far as I'm aware. And digital signatures are more complex to actually understand the math of than actual encryption/decryption. There are a whole bunch of videos online that explain it in a much nicer way than Wikipedia can :P

ippy baby I think you're misunderstanding the question (or am i wow)
eh, it depends on what he meant by "explain"
if he just wanted a general idea of how it works then yours works, if he wanted the actual math then mine works. Together, they're a perfect pair (and i was really just too lazy to do the general write-up)