Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311180 times)

This.  If you can't afford the electric bill but you can afford to frequently power a gaming computer then I sense some unorganized priorities.  Some of the other parts on your computer might not have warranty protection (I wouldn't know, just guessing maybe) and the next time it breaks you might have to pay out of pocket.  Not to mention you might be developing some long term health problems because of all that smoke.  You have to ask yourself is it currently worth it to have a computer despite all the other stuff.
This exactly, seriously get your priorities straight.

There's two solutions.

A. Get a electric heater so you don't die along with your computer.

B. Stop using the computer until spring when it's warm enough to stop using the heater.

That's all you can do, no work around, no alternatives, nothing. Now stop asking how to fix this issue because I just answered it.
My PC hasn't been running for a while now, yet any electric heating still runs the bill up.
I'm just on my little school laptop that only uses a small charger.

Electric heating overall will run the bill up, we can unhook everything we have here and the bill will still go up if we try to get sufficient heating. Electric heating just can't catch up enough without it being fully on.

im pretty sure a gaming pc would use up more power than a heater lol

im pretty sure a gaming pc would use up more power than a heater lol
The heater itself no, but heres the thing. This place is drafty as forget, you can feel air coming through the walls in some spots. So having to run it will shoot the bill up. With kerosene it can heat this place greatly, the only issue is that I sleep too close to it.

We don't have much of a choice right now heating wise. Only way to have a halfway decent bill (under $200) is to shut off everything except the heater.

The heater itself no, but heres the thing. This place is drafty as forget, you can feel air coming through the walls in some spots. So having to run it will shoot the bill up. With kerosene it can heat this place greatly, the only issue is that I sleep too close to it.

We don't have much of a choice right now heating wise. Only way to have a halfway decent bill (under $200) is to shut off everything except the heater.
fix the holes in the wall?

fix the holes in the wall?
Don't have the material to do that. And we can't just get up and go to the hardware store.
I don't live near town, at all.

Ok so you'd rather not make the small investment in the trip to town and stuff and waste energy by letting a lot of your heat escape from the loving holes in your wall?  You do realize that with a loving complete wall you won't lose so much heat from an electric heater, right?

Its an old one but there's no WiFi switch. Also that wouldn't make sense since it connects to the wifi but it gets the yellow exclamation mark and doesn't actually connect to the internet. The only WiFi it can use the internet on it my moms WiFi.

Don't have the material to do that. And we can't just get up and go to the hardware store.
I don't live near town, at all.
>buys 600 dollar computer
>cant get to a store

what

Ok so you'd rather not make the small investment in the trip to town and stuff and waste energy by letting a lot of your heat escape from the loving holes in your wall?  You do realize that with a loving complete wall you won't lose so much heat from an electric heater, right?
If only you understood how far those stores actually are.. Its not just a small trip, you basically go on a road trip to get there.

>buys 600 dollar computer
>cant get to a store

what
You are one hell of a reader aren't you, we got the pc a few months ago. My dad got some money and wanted to pay for a PC for me. The budget was $500 but I paid another $68

One thing I didn't say is that at the time I was living in another home, not this one.

If only you understood how far those stores actually are.. Its not just a small trip, you basically go on a road trip to get there.
sometimes you just have to say forget it and do it anyway.  The small investment now will help in the long term.

sometimes you just have to say forget it and do it anyway.  The small investment now will help in the long term.
I'm suppose to be moving into another home at some point, one that is actually worth a stuff. No point in trying to repair this place, if you seen it you wouldn't even mess with it either

We'll if you would've said that earlier it would've saved a lot of confusion.

Good luck with the other home, though.

A few months ago my Acer laptops motherboard died. It was only a month after I bought it so I sent it in. Now, 4 days after I get it back the motherboard dies AGAIN. forget. Acer better pay for the shipping this time.