Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1327923 times)

what resistance would i need to slow down a fan to make it less noisy? would it vary on the fan and RPM?
It varies. I don't know of any calculation to determine it off the top of my head but I'm sure if you calculated the voltage drop across the resistor and then looked at the fan datasheet you could figure it out.

I would go with variable resistors or a control panel because it's simpler and adjustable.

I'm looking for a hardware upgrade. Is there any other information I could give you guys that can help me find the parts I need?

Not quite sure if I did it right, but w/e

do a cpu-z specs list

do a cpu-z specs list
Since I'm not expert I show no shame in letting you know this went right over my head.

Download this and post a screenie.

Does this help?

The most I'm looking to do is upping my PC's processing speed so it doesn't slow down during high graphic or emitter moments in a heavy-class videogame.

Good or bad D:
most modern computers have 1333 mhz or 1600mhz ram

Fortunately RAM is nice and affordable

most modern computers have 1333 mhz or 1600mhz ram
Mines a few years old. But in heart its still a young whipper snapper. It will be even more so when I get new parts. But sadly I'm so out out of the tech loop, trying to upgrade it myself would result in ruin.

Might I ask if RAM helps with computer speed?

Might I ask if RAM helps with computer speed?
Speed of RAM/Size of RAM can definitely garner speed boosts though these days size isn't as important as it used to be (though you still want a good amount depending on what you want to do!).