Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1405977 times)

Friend of mine has a WASD keyboard with clears.

First off, it's about as quiet as a membrane keyboard. It also feels the most like a membrane out of all the mechanicals I've tried (granted I've tried only clears, browns, and blues).

It still is really nice to type on though, unlike a membrane. His also had the ring thingies to quiet it even more, FYI.

Friend of mine has a WASD keyboard with clears.

First off, it's about as quiet as a membrane keyboard. It also feels the most like a membrane out of all the mechanicals I've tried (granted I've tried only clears, browns, and blues).

It still is really nice to type on though, unlike a membrane. His also had the ring thingies to quiet it even more, FYI.
Someone just can't handle the membrane.

i like really loud keyboard clicks

I got the steel series apex today and I'm loving it, also got the cooler master reaper-so much better than my old mouse

This. Also, is a WASD keyboard a keyboard that begins with WASD or a regular QWERT?

This. Also, is a WASD keyboard a keyboard that begins with WASD or a regular QWERT?
It's got a regular layout. WASD is just the brand name.

I'll always recommend the Samsung 840 EVO.
the mx100 is cheaper and pretty much has the same performance

Yes, that's how computer components work. The cheaper ones have slightly worse performance. You get what you pay for.

Its a bit slower than the MX500 or the 840 EVO, which iirc, the 840EVO is one of the fastest Sata SSds on the market

not when voice chatting for me :/
I have blues and they're loud as forget

yeah i loving hate when in voice chats, and some starfish with open mic has a loud keyboard.
learn to press to talk, or you get muted.

yeah i loving hate when in voice chats, and some starfish with open mic has a loud keyboard.
learn to press to talk, or you get muted.
I personally don't like push to talk on Skype, some people for some reason like hearing static instead of silence while I'm the other way around
I loving hate it. Too bad teamspeaks layout sucks richard

I've got a problem here, when I start up my system my mouse acts wonky and can't click on the taskbar - if I go into task maanager then exit it seems to fix it though.

also can't select text in the google url bar

I don't think it's the mouse because I tried my other one

SOLVED

it was the middle mouse button jammed somehow, registering everything as middle clicks - just needed to be rolled around and pressed down hard
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:05:34 PM by Badger »

Lately I've been having rather strange issues with my computer first with issues with hard drives that disappear randomly, which leads to the system not booting up on the SSD. One that seems to always disappear while in use is a new 1 TB WD Black HDD that seems to be perfectly fine when it does appear (when it doesn't it's gone completely as far as the system knows; SMART shows nothing bad). The issues that occur when I do get the system up and running is randomly hanging and freezing while doing certain things, especially if it's a more intensive program like blockland or flightgear. Any idea what the heck could be causing this? The only thing that could be an issue as far as I know would be a rather low end PSU, but it hasn't given issues before.

Specs:
Intel i7 4790K @ 4 GHZ (oveclocks up to 4.4 ghz)
32 gb ddr3 ram @ 2400 mhz (overclocked from ~1366 mhz)
msi z97 gaming 5 mobo
nvidia gtx 980 w/ latest drivers
120 gb intel ssd
2 1 TB hard drives, one WD black, one WD blue
power supply: cool power gamer 1080 watt (the fact it's a no name brand is concerning)

I honestly don't care about the different types of keyboards and prefer a basic wireless keyboard, for instance the Logitech K350.

As for mice, it HAS to have adjustable DPI.