[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309442 times)

its advertised @1152mhz.
and im pushing 1400 on default fan speed maxing 22%, and no overclock.
far surpassing the titan X

im gonna put water on this with kraken gear like my old ones, and oc it very hard. XD

How is this build?
(Already purchased all parts)
Extremely strict budget of 500$ Canadian (Not including tax or shipping)

linus tech tips has become like an addiction for me, i've been watching their videos for two days so far

send help
His other channel, ChannelSuperFun, is what I can't get enough of lately. What they do is buy stupid stuff off the internet and Linus and everyone else who works at LMG uses the product and they do stupid stuff like chair racing and building one of their employees a new computer for Christmas.

His other channel, ChannelSuperFun, is what I can't get enough of lately. What they do is buy stupid stuff off the internet and Linus and everyone else who works at LMG uses the product and they do stupid stuff like chair racing and building one of their employees a new computer for Christmas.
i watch all three of their channels as well as the wan show

i watch all three of their channels as well as the wan show
Yesterday's WAN show was very turnip-y.

Yesterday's WAN show was very turnip-y.
i missed the last part of it, but holy stuff the part where they were like "i hope you sleep forever"

50C is fine, depending on your GPU 80C is about as warm as you wanna go.
well forget
I use a pre built and whenever I play a resource intensive game, it launches above 80C
and sometimes if the resources get INSANLEY intensive, my graphics driver will reset itself

Stupid question perhaps, but did you remove the piece of plastic that protects the bottom of the cooler? Are you sure it's seated properly? How much thermal paste did you use?

Stupid question perhaps, but did you remove the piece of plastic that protects the bottom of the cooler? Are you sure it's seated properly? How much thermal paste did you use?

yes, wat, an a medium sized line.

Me and a friend put together a build for another friend please rate and tell me how horrible I did:
Cooler Master HAF 912
ASUS M5A99FX PRO
CORSAIR CX series CX600 600W
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz
SAPPHIRE 100364L Radeon R9 270X 2GB
Asking again. I would like to swap out for a 960 and an i5 but I do not know if my friend could afford that. I do not want to skimp out on parts for a friend.

I posted a build a few pages back if you didn't see it. It's actually the same as yours if I counted right.

I posted a build a few pages back if you didn't see it. It's actually the same as yours if I counted right.
Alright I found most (if not similar) parts on Newegg and here's my new build with i5 and 960:
EVGA 02G-P4-2963-KR GeForce GTX 960
Intel Core i5-4590
ASRock Z97 Anniversary LGA 1150 Intel Z97
Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-550

Edit: turns out it's a little over his budget, got any links to cheaper prices?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:03:33 PM by Legodude77 »

i've been thinking for awhile, but i gotta ask guys, do you think my cpu fan will fit in my case?
pageloss

pageloss

It probably will. Looks a bit wider than my case and my similarly sized Hyper T4 fits with room to spare. I wouldn't take my word on it though, the case and cooler ought to have measurements.

It probably will. Looks a bit wider than my case and my similarly sized Hyper T4 fits with room to spare. I wouldn't take my word on it though, the case and cooler ought to have measurements.
alright thanks