Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329393 times)

I'm still waiting to upgrade to 10 from 8.1. Probably will take a few years.

Debian, that is.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=283920.0

halp

Is there anything I could change? Money isn't too much of an issue as long as I stay roughly under 2500 with everything.

Someone suggested 6700k vs a 4700k But i'm not entirely sure what the difference is.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=283920.0

halp

Is there anything I could change? Money isn't too much of an issue as long as I stay roughly under 2500 with everything.

Someone suggested 6700k vs a 4700k But i'm not entirely sure what the difference is.

The 6700k is basically cutting-edge while the 4700k is a bit older. Big differences here are that the 4700k is mostly used with DDR3 RAM (slower), while the 6700k is used with DDR4 (faster). Also noticeable differences will be better performance.

The 6700k is basically cutting-edge while the 4700k is a bit older. Big differences here are that the 4700k is mostly used with DDR3 RAM (slower), while the 6700k is used with DDR4 (faster). Also noticeable differences will be better performance.

Ah Okay, I looked up at benchmarks and I only saw a few fps Gain by using DDR4 Is it worth the extra 60 dollars though?

Ah Okay, I looked up at benchmarks and I only saw a few fps Gain by using DDR4 Is it worth the extra 60 dollars though?

If you're building a modern PC, probably worth it since DDR3 will slowly start being phased out (not for at least a year or two most likely, look how long DDR2 survived after DDR3 was out).

Um, i don't think this is correct.
I just checked my BIOS to make sure and it says my motherboard is running at 30~ degrees.

What the forget speccy?
I had to go visit family for about 4 hours and I had my PC shut down the entire time with room fans keeping it circulated to see if it might help.

I started up the PC from a nice room temperature boot:

Would it be safe to assume some of my sensors are forgeted?

Seems like only your motherboard tmp is forgeted.

Windows 10 is weeeeird.

New setup that I only get to use for 4 days until I move into a dorm. Two side monitors are the free ones I posted about earlier, pretty nice. :P

[im g width=800]http://i.imgur.com/66gRShF.jpg[/img]

New setup that I only get to use for 4 days until I move into a dorm. Two side monitors are the free ones I posted about earlier, pretty nice. :P
get a mech please

GOD DAMN IT I MISSED PAGE 1000 ON MY OWN GOD DAMN THREAD forget

so i recently redid my setup, sold the triple monitor configuration (prepare 4 stuff photo)

avast gets it
that would be awesome if it actually reminds you in 100 years
then again if you still have your computer on 100 years later there's something wrong

then again if you still have your computer on 100 years later there's something wrong
Challenge accepted.

14% completed.