Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1335064 times)

it has a 30 dollar rebate that lowers that price down to 154.99
you know what I don't get, why people always suggest things with rebates when someone has a budget
if I say I have $500 to spend on computer parts that means I have $500 to spend on computer parts. it doesn't mean I have $530 to spend on computer parts. the fact that I can later choose to get that extra $30 back doesn't change the fact that I don't have it to begin with
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:51:35 AM by Foxscotch »

Basically what foxscotch said

Thanks for the suggestion though

alright how about a 950? offers slightly better performance and is cheaper than that r7 370

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2958-KR/dp/B013WQC9U2?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

alright how about a 950? offers slightly better performance and is cheaper than that r7 370

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Cooling-Graphics-02G-P4-2958-KR/dp/B013WQC9U2?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20
Yeah that seems pretty good, but I'll have to do a bunch of checking over to be 100% sure it'll be compatible

Give me a bit

Yep! I did some re-looking over and I'll replace the R7 wih that GTX 950, about a 20 dollar price drop, thanks!

If you have any more suggestions that should raise preformance but have the same price / lower (rebates don't count as lowering) then tell me c:

i would STRONGLY suggest a pentium or i3 over that amd processor

^
And get a WD. They last slightly longer
You might want to consider an rx 480. Theyre $200 but significantly better than a 950
Also get windows from r/microsoftsoftwareswap
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:35:47 AM by espio100 »

I'd rather have 4 cores instead of 2 because I do a bit of work using Vegas and recording and such and I tend to multi-task a lot. Plus I'm on a budget so those would make the price go higher and could bottle-neck other games. I will look into another AMD processor that would be better since the board I'm using doesn't support Intel CPUs iirc
^
And get a WD. They last slightly longer
You might want to consider an rx 480. Theyre $200 but significantly better than a 950
I'm not going to make my cost go up 50+ dollars so no.
And I am getting windows from there, that's where the link leads :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:45:11 AM by Insert Name Here² »

Its only 50 more for the peformance of a 970. Id say its a bargain

Its only 50 more for the peformance of a 970. Id say its a bargain
I will not make the price too far out of my budget, sorry.

Here's the updated list and this is my hard limit on costs. I would get an RX 480 but then it would be 60-70+ dollars more so again, no.
getting an i3 or pentium would let you upgrade to an i5 or i7 in the future but with the 860k youre stuck with AMD trash unless you replace your motherboard
I'll think about it and look into making a seperate build. The problem with intel and such is that they aren't that well-orientated towards budget iirc so it would be difficult for me to make a build for 500 or less.

Anyways I'll catch ya'll tomorrow cause it's 4 AM and I have to help my dad work tomorrow with a few lawns for his lawncare, cya.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:10:56 AM by Insert Name Here² »

getting an i3 or pentium would let you upgrade to an i5 or i7 in the future but with the 860k youre stuck with AMD trash unless you replace your motherboard

im saving up to build my own PC. My estimated budget is $600-650 canadian. suggestions?

they dont even take real money wtf

holy stuff I got my account back

maybe I should update this thread lol

Holy stuff Mack, welcome back!