[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310986 times)

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware, but I'm saving up money to buy an extremely high-end build with the help of a couple friends. Is the GTX 1080 Ti going to be worth buying?

My budget for the PC is $3,200 btw

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware, but I'm saving up money to buy an extremely high-end build with the help of a couple friends. Is the GTX 1080 Ti going to be worth buying?

My budget for the PC is $3,200 btw
Depends what monitor you're gonna get

If you're just getting 1080p 60hz then a 1080ti is overkill, just go for a 1080 at most. If you're getting something more, like 1080p 144hz, or a 4k monitor, then 1080ti will pretty much let you max out literally any game.

If you're getting something more, like 1080p 144hz, or a 4k monitor, then 1080ti will pretty much let you max out literally any game.

Dude hell yeah

I just got $100,000 bonus from navy

Someone help build me computer. $1500-$3000 preferably

Now that this thread is bumped, I wanna mention the graphics card I ordered just came in yesterday CCC:

How are you going to fit that in your laptop

Anyone else get Kaby Lake?  I got a 7700K and the damn thing hits temps of 85 when stressing, and I'm using water cooling.  Ridiculous.  Never got past 70 on stress tests on my old Haswell which is making me consider delidding my 7700K, maybe Intel's job was subpar.  Anyone got any experience in that?

finally getting an SSD, yay!

Is Windows 8.1 as bad as people say? I'm probably getting an SSD soon before my current drive fails, and I want to try something other than Windows 7.
Windows 10 just really seems horrible though. I've heard people say that if you simply install Classic Shell (or any other start menu programs etc), then 8.1 is
essentially just a much better version of 7.

Is Windows 8.1 as bad as people say? I'm probably getting an SSD soon before my current drive fails, and I want to try something other than Windows 7.
Windows 10 just really seems horrible though. I've heard people say that if you simply install Classic Shell (or any other start menu programs etc), then 8.1 is
essentially just a much better version of 7.
Wholeheartedly agree. It's literally just a better version of 7 with a useless extra tile menu if you install something like Classic Shell or StartIsBack, etc. I'm on it now and I love it personally.

8.1 is like the perfect mix of 7 and 10. Been using it since last year and I damn love it. Not as simplistic and confusing as 10, yet has the workflow and feel as 7 with a slight windows 10 "skin" and sounds, its really nice

I mean I personally have been using Windows 10 and it's good for me, but if you want to mess around with 8.1 then go ahead.

What's better about 8.1 over 10 though?

Anyone else get Kaby Lake?  I got a 7700K and the damn thing hits temps of 85 when stressing, and I'm using water cooling.  Ridiculous.  Never got past 70 on stress tests on my old Haswell which is making me consider delidding my 7700K, maybe Intel's job was subpar.  Anyone got any experience in that?
Check and see if your motherboard has some auto voltage control setting. It may be giving it too much power on stock speeds.

Windows 8 is literally the opposite of user friendly and efficient with the stuffty start menu and the thingy on the right side

Windows 10 is basically 7 but with a metro theme and a easier and faster start menu. The settings "application" sucks balls tough but luckely the old control panel is still a thing in 10