[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309187 times)

the lowest ive seen a 4790K on ebay is 200
1245's go for like 150-200
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:58:15 AM by espio100 »

I would never go xeon for a normal computer. 

1245's

the e3 1345 v3 is more comparable to a i7 4790s, i7 4770 or something than the 4790k performance vise

also if you're looking into the possibility of getting a xeon you might want to compare to non-overclockable cpus only since you wouldn't be able to do that with a xeon anyway.

also if you're looking into the possibility of getting a xeon you might want to compare to non-overclockable cpus only since you wouldn't be able to do that with a xeon anyway.
Wait what
god damn i forgot

my cpu cooler wont like overclocking anyway

GUESS ILL GET ANOTHER CPU COOLER BY THAN, AGAIN

you might also want to check whether or not your motherboard supports overcloking

you might also want to check whether or not your motherboard supports overcloking
Nah I have one of those "Gamer" motherboards

Nah I have one of those "Gamer" motherboards
Since you're using Haswell, it must be a specific motherboard chipset to allow overclocking, like Z89

Since you're using Haswell, it must be a specific motherboard chipset to allow overclocking, like Z89
I have a z98s
Also has an automated overclock feature in its setup

And ive been able to OC with the multiplier thing (but I undid that because it basically overclocks everything and I dont want that)

Yay I modified my case to allow for larger graphics cards and stuff

also spent 3 hours on cable management making it as good as possible

before

after

that silver fan screw is there because the rivet holds the case together so I had to replace it with something

the metal is slightly bent and scuffed since I didn't use a dremel metal cutting blade, had to use a really thin sanding disk to cut it, so the metal is bent and warped weirdly in areas but it worked, and I went over it with a stone-like sanding thing to make the edges not sharp as forget
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:49:44 PM by Insert Name Here² »

Any stores on PCPartPicker I should avoid? I was told B&H isn't very good

Any stores on PCPartPicker I should avoid? I was told B&H isn't very good
they're all fine to use, I prefer amazon and newegg though

my screen becomes a weird shade of brown/orange after my computer wakes up
and the only thing i can do is force reboot
my phone's camera doesn't seem to pick up that shade for some reasons

not sure what is causing this but it's getting infuriating

try plugging it into your motherboard and see if that works