[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1308034 times)

by the way nerds I would be wary about getting an RTX card since there's a stuffload of them failing, even multiple times i  a row with some people
but RTX on

Epic, just ordered a new WiFi card to replace my mini Edimax USB one that died yesterday

It's the Rosewill RNX-AC600PCEv3, got it on sale for 16.99, usually it's 40-50 bucks from what I've seen

My WiFi game will be stronk

babe its cold outside

btw ram speed is actually 3000mhz speccy is just being dum face
also would this collection of parts be a good upgrade list
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ngDcjy
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:18:22 PM by NotBomberguy »

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:41:56 PM by DurkaDude »

but will you take 10

Quick question, are i3s any good for gaming with good ram and gpu? This is an LGA1155 I3-2120 and I’m considering using it when I get a gpu for it. I feel like it’ll work well with hyperthreading but just want some input first, thanks

2nd gen i3 for gaming wat

yes they are fine for gaming, I had a dual core one for several years and until I upgraded to an i5
however, the one you linked is older than the one I used so it will probably be different (I had an i3 4150)

Quick question, are i3s any good for gaming with good ram and gpu? This is an LGA1155 I3-2120 and I’m considering using it when I get a gpu for it. I feel like it’ll work well with hyperthreading but just want some input first, thanks
I would avoid going with an i3 unless it's 4th gen or newer. If you have a second gen motherboard (1155) try and go with at least an i5.

I've used an i3-2130 for gaming with my GTX 670 for a while

Don't do it, it was a massive bottleneck.

Go for an i5 at least

wait for new ryzen tbh

why would he wait for it when he can just get it for free now

Ok I need some GPU recommendations here. I don't think I want to spend an arm and a leg for an RTX card, when the performance gain from the GTX is marginal at best. Is there anything worth spending on brand new without killing the pocket?

Ok I need some GPU recommendations here. I don't think I want to spend an arm and a leg for an RTX card, when the performance gain from the GTX is marginal at best. Is there anything worth spending on brand new without killing the pocket?
I'm running a GTX 1060 right now. it's pretty awesome.