2013/01/02 - Blockland r1783

Author Topic: 2013/01/02 - Blockland r1783  (Read 47592 times)

That doesn't change what I said in the slightest.
I never said it did. I don't pretend to know much about how the lighting works, rather just throwing in ideas. Besides there are still ways lighting could be improved.

So.. Blockland is too complex for it's own good?

So.. Blockland is too complex for it's own good?
Blockland is too complex for an engine from early 2000's.

Blockland is too complex for an engine from early 2000's.

It's still pretty damn impressive, though. This reminds me of car engines a bit, sometimes engine designs may last for quite a few decades before they are getting superseded by newer designs.

On: I'm really glad the fileobject thing was fixed, as manually saving 156k bricks makes me timeout from my own dedicated.

Can you perhaps look into making saving less resource intensive?

It's still pretty damn impressive, though. This reminds me of car engines a bit, sometimes engine designs may last for quite a few decades before they are getting superseded by newer designs.

On: I'm really glad the fileobject thing was fixed, as manually saving 156k bricks makes me timeout from my own dedicated.

Like my dad's 2001 Toyota Corolla, still handles like a new car and still have great power

Torque has been one of the most intelligently built engines, but it's unfortunately old.

For some reason trans colored bricks don't show any bricks with FX paints such as undulo, rainbow and others.  This never happened before.

While this has some uses it also defeats the purpose for others.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:03:16 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

For some reason trans colored bricks don't show any bricks with FX paints such as undulo, rainbow and others.  This never happened before.

While this has some uses it also defeats the purpose for others.
Hey! Lord Tony! Skip ahead a few months on the timeline. We're up here in January 2013. Don't worry, the world doesn't end in December.

Well it would be neat if there was an X-ray vision FX spray where you could make bricks appear invisible when viewed through a transparent brick. One good thing about this mistake is that you could make interesting builds that show hidden areas. Still annoys me when I don't want certain bricks to appear invisible though.

Well it would be neat if there was an X-ray vision FX spray where you could make bricks appear invisible when viewed through a transparent brick. One good thing about this mistake is that you could make interesting builds that show hidden areas. Still annoys me when I don't want certain bricks to appear invisible though.
Someone should make something like this (If they can) it would enable some interesting builds.

Edit: Along with a one way walk though block might be fun.

btw, there should be the ability to paint the same brick with two colors, like a double wall.

btw, there should be the ability to paint the same brick with two colors, like a double wall.
Sounds a bit awkward.

Would it be a specific brick that does this? In which case you'd need to double all default bricks in order to have this function on everything useful.

Would you have to paint either side one at a time? If you want bricks to be coloured in whole, then it would be so annoying to have to go and paint it twice.
How would you choose which colour (or side) to paint a brick while it's being placed. If I set my colour to Green, and place a brick, is the whole thing Green, or just one side, and if so, what colour is the other side?

Ignoring whatever problems there may be in it actually being coded for, I think it just overcomplicates what should be an easy process.
Why not just build your external walls one brick more outwards and then build a differently coloured interior wall?

special dual paint can tool could work

Someone should make something like this (If they can) it would enable some interesting builds.

Edit: Along with a one way walk though block might be fun.

You could always make a suggestion topic. I already made like 3 recently anymore and people start to bitch at me for making suggestions.

Sounds a bit awkward.

Would it be a specific brick that does this? In which case you'd need to double all default bricks in order to have this function on everything useful.

Would you have to paint either side one at a time? If you want bricks to be coloured in whole, then it would be so annoying to have to go and paint it twice.
How would you choose which colour (or side) to paint a brick while it's being placed. If I set my colour to Green, and place a brick, is the whole thing Green, or just one side, and if so, what colour is the other side?

Ignoring whatever problems there may be in it actually being coded for, I think it just overcomplicates what should be an easy process.
Why not just build your external walls one brick more outwards and then build a differently coloured interior wall?
It will make things easier, but as well it would be complicated.