Author Topic: Staying deleted bricks  (Read 1147 times)

Hello people

As you know when clearing bricks bricks dissapear. I tought this could be useful for falling buildings or for roleplays.

With this i mean wthat when you clear all the base, in example a big tower, the bricks over fall down and hit the floor and stay there. in plain builds like bridges, to fit with water they could float ar parts of it like mid road fall into it

Hello people

As you know when clearing bricks bricks dissapear. I tought this could be useful for falling buildings or for roleplays.

With this i mean wthat when you clear all the base, in example a big tower, the bricks over fall down and hit the floor and stay there. in plain builds like bridges, to fit with water they could float ar parts of it like mid road fall into it

It's called fakekilling bricks in case you didn't know?

It's called fakekilling bricks in case you didn't know?
I think he wants them to be re-planted after

Oh, then I guess it would involve complex coding to make this happen?

This is not possible unless Badspot made the fake-killed bricks server-side. As of right now, fake-killed bricks are client-sided and will go in different locations on each client. I am sorry but this is not going to happen yet.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that he wants bricks to stay after being fakekilled, I may be wrong though.

I think he wants it to be like this:

Brick
____
____
Wall
____

When you shoot the brick and it falls off the wall:

___
___
Wall
___   Brick

It plants itself where it fell. Either that, or it's exactly how fakekill works now, except it doesn't respawn.

Brick
____
____
Wall
____

When you shoot the brick and it falls off the wall:

___
___
Wall
___   Brick

It plants itself where it fell. Either that, or it's exactly how fakekill works now, except it doesn't respawn.

I think it's close to this.

I think he doesn't want the fake-killed brick to go flying when it is touched by a player.  Instead, it should just remain still, no reaction to the player.

If this is what he wants, I don't think it would work well because ideologically the fake-killed brick would require a better collision box in order for any practical physics to work on the randomly strewn fake-killed brick.  Therefore, I'd suggest a lesser reaction to a player's collision with the fake-killed brick.

Brick
____
____
Wall
____

When you shoot the brick and it falls off the wall

___
___
Wall
___   Brick

Thats it! Second option like

_
_
_
_
_
_
_

You hit the wall with Rocket L

All bricks fall and plant where they falled.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:50:30 PM by danielmoya »

Thats it!
You cannot answer "It's either A or B" with "That's it!".

Everyone, I already said this isn't possible, stop talking about it.

It has to be possible to lessen the degree of fly away of the brick when a player touches it.

It's possible, it would take a forgetload of coding and de-bugging

I already said, fake-killed bricks are client-sided and will not be in the same location on each client (Every player on the server will see the fake-killed bricks in a different way). These cannot be re-planted unless Badspot coded fake-killed bricks to be server-sided, maybe you should try making this, will it work? NO. You cannot also track the location of a fake-killed brick.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:39:27 AM by Klocko »

Translation: The OP asks for fakekilled bricks to be planted where they landed. This is impossible for a multitude of reasons.