Author Topic: Blockhead and the Chamber of Insanity-Locking until finish, but demo available  (Read 2161 times)

Ummm.... ok let's see here. The story is a bit random. The guy wakes up, walks out door, and poof, he's doing challenges in dark, bland rooms. That brings me to my next point. The rooms are really bland and look like each was done in about half a minute. Put some time and effort into each and every room, give the player some space to see the outside world, just don't let them escape to the outside. I'm not trying to be harsh, just giving some ideas on how to make it better.

P.S. The painting is perty
I'm going to fix all of that today.

Yesterday (whateverday it was)I decided "HM, WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO BE ABLE TO MAKE A GAME? GASP! I KNOW! I'M GOING TO MAKE A STORY MODE IN BLOCKLAND!" I also thought that I needed to make something for ALL of you amazing forumers

So here's how it goes down.
You get up out of your couch like couch potatoes do. You realize that it's a nice day outside and you should really start exercising a bit. You walk out the door and- Uh oh. You find yourself in a strange room. An empty, grey room with a simple door and info panel. You then hear "Greetings, welcome to the chamber of insanity. What you're about to see may disturb you, frighten you, or even make you laugh, but I highly advise you do not go through that door." Being the idiot you are, you go through the door. Now you're stuck doing all kinds of challenges.

Features
-Dialogue through client print messages
-Chapters
-Problem Solving
-Partying
-Other stuff.

Now to start the early builds.

"Boy, it sure looks nice outside!

Take a ride in your colorable vehicle to the end!

Shall you eat the cake or not?

These are pretty much rough drafts of the build.
I've gotten chapter 1 done.
When all is finished (if you guys like the idea) I'll give you the save. Or maybe make it a gamemode.

Now what I need if you support this is ideas for rooms, chapter names, and an idea for the title.
I am completely aware this may seem dull, but please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't reply.
If you guys really really support this, i'll give the chapter 1 demo.
forget dat, here you go.
Simply start a minigame with no items and you're all set
Best played with a dark enviorment, but not deepest darkest.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:32:36 PM by Boink! »

Ummm.... ok let's see here. The story is a bit random. The guy wakes up, walks out door, and poof, he's doing challenges in dark, bland rooms. That brings me to my next point. The rooms are really bland and look like each was done in about half a minute. Put some time and effort into each and every room, give the player some space to see the outside world, just don't let them escape to the outside. I'm not trying to be harsh, just giving some ideas on how to make it better.

P.S. The painting is perty

Okay, I agree with everything you just said.  Tomorrow I'm going to fix some of that. Also. the outside "painting" is going to turn into actual bricks and stuph. Thanks for the feedback!
I fixed the "painting house" and made it look realer. It's purrrrty
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:41:51 AM by Boink! »

Okay, the rooms aren't looking as bland anymore.
Once they're all finished, i'll post them.

Ahoy, the triple post!
Chapter 1 demo so people can get more info and actually comment

stupid/Amazing/Dreadful
Lol nal I know you didn't even try it.
Nal: WERES THE THREAD
Nal: GIV
Sheldon The Snoypar: ing allery
Sheldon The Snoypar: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=218277.0
Nal: I replied
Sheldon The Snoypar: nal woudl you change that

This seems like a great idea, and it's good to see that you mentioned these were only rough drafts, since they certainly don't have much to them. But with a lot of work and thought on the story and build, this could end up being very cool.

This seems like a great idea, and it's good to see that you mentioned these were only rough drafts, since they certainly don't have much to them. But with a lot of work and thought on the story and build, this could end up being very cool.
Thanks.

I love dat window. But when I said fix the bland rooms, I meant more than just adding a banner to the top of the room. Yes, it looks nice, but you need to add colors. All I see in that last picture is red, yellow, and a tiny bit of blue. Oh, and something that would be amazing: Turn it into a portal-like thing, just without the actual portals. You could make huge chambers of puzzles and challenges.

I love dat window. But when I said fix the bland rooms, I meant more than just adding a banner to the top of the room. Yes, it looks nice, but you need to add colors. All I see in that last picture is red, yellow, and a tiny bit of blue. Oh, and something that would be amazing: Turn it into a portal-like thing, just without the actual portals. You could make huge chambers of puzzles and challenges.
I'll fix that and reupload the chapter one demo. Chapter 2 will be sort of portalish, I guess.

K well maybe I could help sometime

K well maybe I could help sometime
Add me on RTB and maybe you can help sometimes.

Ive tried doing stuff like this before, unfortunately none of them work anymore because they all heavily relied on bot events.
From what I see of yours, like every other project I see on blockland, the concept is good but the execution is bad.

Ive tried doing stuff like this before, unfortunately none of them work anymore because they all heavily relied on bot events.
From what I see of yours, like every other project I see on blockland, the concept is good but the execution is bad.
I'd like to know why it's not so good, please/