Ubisoft dun goofed (Assassin's Creed 3)

Author Topic: Ubisoft dun goofed (Assassin's Creed 3)  (Read 1037 times)

So I was finishing up the main story of Assassin's Creed 3 when I finally took notice of my inability to lower my notoriety in the frontier.
After a bit of googling, I learned that you can't go any lower than level 1 detection, should you go past incognito.
Really, Ubisoft? Really? forget fixing the hood staying down after you finish the main story, add some posters and town criers around the frontier! (Just to clarify, by this I mean notoriety in the frontier is more important than the now patched hood glitch, albeit it was annoying before it was patched. The only way to bypass it then was to wear a different costume.)
/discuss
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:53:43 PM by auzman466 »

Really?  That's pretty loving stupid, so then how do you go back to incognito in the frontier?  Would going into a town like Boston and removing a poster work for the Frontier?  I'm only like knee deep into the game and I'm not very familiar with how the AC games work.

Really?  That's pretty loving stupid, so then how do you go back to incognito in the frontier?  Would going into a town like Boston and removing a poster work for the Frontier?  I'm only like knee deep into the game and I'm not very familiar with how the AC games work.
Nope. I've heard that the Boston Tea Party mission (whatever it was called, something dealing with Paul Revere) can bring you back down to incognito, but other than that, it's not possible.
It would make sense to always be viewed as suspicious by guards, since poachers are common in the frontier, but it doesn't make since within the game's logic.

i got this for free with my gtx 650 ti that i cant use yet till i get a new psu :C

They really forgeted up with the multiplayer seeing as how Ubisoft promised that they wouldn't release it later than consoles, yet they did. That left PC consumers who were disappointed with the late release of the PC version to flock to consoles and leave the multiplayer community to those that were patient enough to play. Not to mention, Ubisoft doesn't have dedicated servers and matchmaking is randomized, meaning that level one players can be placed with level thirty players.

forget fixing the hood staying down after you finish the main story, add some posters and town criers around the frontier!
/discuss
Do you mean "HUD"?

You're supposed to always have Low Noteriety in the Frontier because there was a point made near the start of the game that a lot of the guys in the Frontier are Templars.

Do you mean "HUD"?
no, connor has a hood on his assassin get up
for the final mission he
spoilers
shaves his head and removes the hood to let it be shown
after you complete the game sometimes the hood will stay down in all territories even though it should only at the davenport homestead
spoilers

The way the Frontier and Social Stealth pages on the AC Wiki describe it, that's either the way it's supposed to be or they just accepted it.

Do you mean "HUD"?
No, hood. If the HUD was the problem, well, there are settings that would most likely fix it.
Jairo explained most of this already.

The way the Frontier and Social Stealth pages on the AC Wiki describe it, that's either the way it's supposed to be or they just accepted it.
I THINK it's possible to be incognito in the frontier, but how can I not resist murdering a few redcoats during my travels, inevitably making my notoriety level rise?
I'm pretty sure towards the beginning of the game I was incognito. As both Haytham and Connor.
You're supposed to always have Low Noteriety in the Frontier because there was a point made near the start of the game that a lot of the guys in the Frontier are Templars.
If I recall correctly, Templars in previous installments just outright detected you. Didn't matter if you were notorious or incognito. Other enemies, in most cases, would not.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:50:43 PM by auzman466 »

the notoriety bit is intentional, so i doubt they plan to fix it.
really it's not something worth making a fuss over anyway. there are not that many guard-groups in the entire frontier, they only kept places like Valley Forge incognito because (i believe) you can't do missions while being chased around. if you just run past them they don't attack you anyway.

the hood piece is an obvious bug and should be fixed. i never encountered it, and personally i don't like the hood being down at all. have you tried switching outfits (not colors, outfits) to see if it might fix the problem?

the notoriety bit is intentional, so i doubt they plan to fix it.
really it's not something worth making a fuss over anyway. there are not that many guard-groups in the entire frontier, they only kept places like Valley Forge incognito because (i believe) you can't do missions while being chased around. if you just run past them they don't attack you anyway.

the hood piece is an obvious bug and should be fixed. i never encountered it, and personally i don't like the hood being down at all. have you tried switching outfits (not colors, outfits) to see if it might fix the problem?
It already has been patched. Perhaps I should clarify this in the OP.

i got this for free with my gtx 650 ti that i cant use yet till i get a new psu :C
ha i got it with my gtx 660