Author Topic: Randomized weapons stats  (Read 454 times)

If you've played Terraria or Borderlands then you'd know what I'm talking about. It would obviously consume lots of space to have hundreds of weapons with every combination of accuracy/fire rate/damage/etc. so would it be possible to have those randomized with each pickup?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:53:46 AM by mr. pedophile »

If you've played Terraria or Borderlands then you'd know what I'm talking about. It would obviously consume lots of space to have hundreds of weapons with every combination of accuracy/fire rate/damage/etc. so would it be possible to have those randomized with each pickup?

Yes, rykuta made a set of weapons that does exactly that, and was more datablock efficient, compared to something like tier tactical for instance.  Not sure what he is up to at the minute with them though, suspect it became another scrapped project.

Is it possible to have playertypes that add to the base damage of weapons?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:24:15 AM by mr. pedophile »

Bump. Sorry but I'd at least like to know if it's possible so i'd have a reason to go into add-on making.

Bump. Sorry but I'd at least like to know if it's possible so i'd have a reason to go into add-on making.

If you can put it into words you can put it into code

and yes it is not only possible to have playertypes modify held items but quite straightforward and simple.