Vanish Mod

Author Topic: Vanish Mod  (Read 3637 times)

A mod that simplifies the findclientbyname(playername).player.hidenode("node"); command and groups multiple ones together.

Use /vanish("Node") to dissapear.

For example, /vanishrhand

Download

(Kudos to Marble Man for helping with the code)

Mostly also useful for a resource, but can be used as an addon.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:48:04 AM by TeeJay »

I also forgot to mention, it resets after you go into avatar options.

Your mod sucks richard, and here's why.

One: it doesn't work. you have a client.cs in a server mod. add that up and you get 0, false, not executing.

Two: Even if you got that part working, you'd still have to deal with the fact that your code sucks. a lot.
you don't seem to understand that computers don't understand just what 'client' you're referring too.

Here's a sample of the code, you don't need to open the code, fellow coders, as this mod is only this ten times over:
Code: [Select]
//vanish mod 2013

package vanish {

function rhand() {

findclientbyname(%client).player.hidenode("rhand");

}

Lets list the things that are wrong about this, and how you can fix them.
1: comment is funny. i like it. leave it.
2 you have a package. serves no real purpose except making it easier for me to disable your mod because it currently sucks.
3: your function names are good
4: what trhe furk are you doing here
okay
a: you have no indentation
b: you have no camelCase
c: you reference a variable that doesn't exist, thankfully for you torquescript doesn't explode when this happens.
d: you're trying to reference a client

in FIND CLIENT                                BY NAME

not FIND CLIENT BY CLIENT
forget you
seriously
forget you and anyone else who tries that loving bullstuff forget them forget you forget everybody

A CLIENT IS NOT A NAME
Three: your mod doesn't belong in add-ons. it is not an add-on. it is a resource.
Resources are useless to the average user.
delete this crap, fix it, and post it in coding help. that's where we post resources.
I'll let the people over there chew you out about "how useful" the resource is.

thank you, nice idea, goodnight.

PS: Learn variables before posting this again
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:39:23 PM by Lugnut »

Ouch! Very harsh, but from what he said, 90% of it is true. The other 10% is opinions..

Your mod sucks richard, and here's why.

One: it doesn't work. you have a client.cs in a server mod. add that up and you get 0, false, not executing.

Two: Even if you got that part working, you'd still have to deal with the fact that your code sucks. a lot.
you don't seem to understand that computers don't understand just what 'client' you're referring too.

Here's a sample of the code, you don't need to open the code, fellow coders, as this mod is only this ten times over:
//vanish mod 2013

package vanish {

function rhand() {

findclientbyname(%client).player.hidenode("rhand");

}

Lets list the things that are wrong about this, and how you can fix them.
1: comment is funny. i like it. leave it.
2 you have a package. serves no real purpose except making it easier for me to disable your mod because it currently sucks.
3: your function names are good
4: what trhe furk are you doing here
okay
a: you have no indentation
b: you have no camelCase
c: you reference a variable that doesn't exist, thankfully for you torquescript doesn't explode when this happens.
d: you're trying to reference a client

in FIND CLIENT                                BY NAME

not FIND CLIENT BY CLIENT
forget you
seriously
forget you and anyone else who tries that loving bullstuff forget them forget you forget everybody

A CLIENT IS NOT A NAME
Three: your mod doesn't belong in add-ons. it is not an add-on. it is a resource.
Resources are useless to the average user.
delete this crap, fix it, and post it in coding help. that's where we post resources.
I'll let the people over there chew you out about "how useful" the resource is.

thank you, nice idea, goodnight.

PS: Learn variables before posting this again
That is extremely rude. Be a little bit more nice next time. I think this is going to turn out as a great mod in the end, Just learn a bit more scripting.

lugnut's incapable of giving people advice without being a richard for some reason
it's a sad tale

A mod that simplifies the findclientbyname(playername).player.hidenode("node"); command and groups multiple ones together.

Use /vanish("Node") to dissapear.

For example, /vanishrhand

Download

(Kudos to Marble Man for helping with the code)

Mostly also useful for a resource, but can be used as an addon.

I suppose you would provide different names of the nodes, such as lfoot or something similiar, because I dont expect that all blockland players know the nodes' names / know where to look them up. (Blockland\Base\data\shapes\player:)

lugnut's incapable of giving people advice without being a richard for some reason
it's a sad tale
Yeah it's called autism

I legitimately Lol'd.

I think this is going to turn out as a great mod in the end, Just learn a bit more scripting.
Lmfao. You're Implying that something that does the exact same thing, and actually does it correctly, including resetting the player doesn't already exist.
And, I'm not trying to be rude here, but you really need to work on your scripting abilities before you start releasing stuff. Study up a bit.

Why are you raging, it works this time and doesn't contain a broken backdoor.

Why are you raging, it works this time and doesn't contain a broken backdoor.
Because this is done so, so inefficiently..

This is just a suggestion, but what if you did something like this?

function serverCmdHideNode(%client, %target, %node)
{
   if(%node $= "")
   {
      %client.chatMessage("<color:FFFFFF>You can find all the node names by going to your blockland/base/client/ui/avatarIcons and finding the names of the .png files in all the folders contained in avatarIcons.");
      return;
   }

if(%client.isAdmin)
   {
      %tc = findclientbyname(%target);
      %tc.player.hideNode(%node);
      %client.chatMessage("<color:FFFFFF>The body part has been removed from the target.");
   }
   else
   {
      %client.chatMessage("You are not an Admin.");
   }
}
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:58:32 PM by Pacnet2012³ »

This is just a suggestion, but what if you did this?

function serverCmdHideNode(%client, %target, %node)
{
   if(%node $= "")
   {
      %client.chatMessage("<color:FFFFFF>You can find all the node names by going to your blockland/base/client/ui/avatarIcons and finding the names of the .png files in all the folders contained in avatarIcons.");
      return;
   }

if(%client.isAdmin)
   {
      %tc = findclientbyname(%target);
      %tc.player.hideNode(%node);
      %client.chatMessage("<color:FFFFFF>The body part has been removed from the target.");
   }
   else
   {
      %client.chatMessage("You are not an Admin.");
   }
}
No, because:
1. You'd have to type /hidenode Evar678 head to hide your head.
2. If you type an invalid node, the script still tries to run it, throwing the console an error.
3. Use a Switch conditional.