24 (15.9%)
run while you still can
27 (17.9%)
where is my sock :(
30 (19.9%)
SOCKS
70 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Author Topic: Speedy Sock 2.6  (Read 14797 times)

how about you get out of my topic with your "improvement"
why are you so prone to getting angry about nothing
and, for that matter, how does it manage to be funny every time

I bet i could use this as the adrenalin item in my Left 4 block server  :cookieMonster:
Numerous problems when i used this with Left 4 block:
player wearing socks are capable of moving when downed. this is a serious issue.
that includes:
a player downed while socks are equipped will be able to move, sitting, even when the socks wear out.
a downed player who equips socks can move, and will be able to even when socks wear out.
when a downed player is moving using socks, and all his teamates are downed, the game resets with "the survivors have been overwhelmed"
a downed player using socks to move and shoot will not have the bleeding timer that a downed player has, counting down how much time the player has to be revived before he dies.
a player will be capable of jumping normal height, even when the socks wear out. this is a problem where i use survivor datablock for players so they cannot jump over 5 brick tall walls, but the zombie bots can. players can use socks to get out of the map this way.

players who were downed used the socks to be able to run and shoot like a non-downed player, making them practically invincible.
:c

i used this with Left 4 block:
You can't expect everything to work with an incredibly old and partly broken mod

You can't expect everything to work with an incredibly old and partly broken mod
i dont expect everything to work with it
but its a pretty great mod, when you use bot events to control the zombies

i assume the issue is that the socks change the player's datablock
if that is so, can something be added to revert the player back to the datablock he was at when it was equipped?

if that is so, can something be added to revert the player back to the datablock he was at when it was equipped?
It already does this

so i guess you cant do much about it can you :c

so i guess you cant do much about it can you :c
I don't have the time to figure out how to make it compatible with that mod. It would take a long time.

Ha ha this is an awesome add-on.

I don't have the time to figure out how to make it compatible with that mod. It would take a long time.
I dont know anything about coding, but can you just add a line that checks if the player is sitting before it equips? downed players sit, so if the check came back positive, they wouldnt be able to use it.
possible?

I dont know anything about coding, but can you just add a line that de-equipps the item if the player's health goes below 1? Players lose 100% health before they are downed, so if the player lost all health while the socks were equipped, they would stop using it. this would prevent players who are downed while using the item from being able to move when it wears off.
possible?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:28:24 PM by K9 Kid »

Where would I get this "left 4 block"?

Where would I get this "left 4 block"?
Rotondo's Gamemode_Zombie.

So you want people to be unable to use socks when downed and to lose socks when they get downed?

and, for that matter, how does it manage to be funny every time
I hear ya man, i hear ya.

So you want people to be unable to use socks when downed and to lose socks when they get downed?
Essentially, yeah
possible?