Dust 514: F2P PS3 FPS -Connected to EVE Online -Closed Beta -Calling PS3 Players

Author Topic: Dust 514: F2P PS3 FPS -Connected to EVE Online -Closed Beta -Calling PS3 Players  (Read 13167 times)

The thing is though you can't make it two separate servers connected to Eve because it wouldn't work. If you did, it would have two different outcomes when there can only be one.
that's not true lol

if it was implemented they wouldn't run the same battle twice over two platforms, there's no logic at all in doing that. there would be some sort of match making dynamic that would separate them into either solely pc or ps3 battles.

Also I'm fairly sure the xbox community outnumbers the ps3 community. The entire pc community outnumbers the dust community.

that's not true lol

if it was implemented they wouldn't run the same battle twice over two platforms, there's no logic at all in doing that. there would be some sort of match making dynamic that would separate them into either solely pc or ps3 battles.
So you would cut the game in half just to make it available for PC as well? half of the battles only available to PS3 and half to PC?

So you would cut the game in half just to make it available for PC as well? half of the battles only available to PS3 and half to PC?
You don't seem to understand how easily possible it would be to make it dynamically separated.

Enlighten me then
What you're saying:
What if, one team on the PS3 wins a fight on the planet, but the other team on the PC won the same fight?

What I'm saying:
That wont ever happen, because the same fight wont happen.

Why:
It's the same exact loving reason the same fight wont happen twice on the PS3. With your logic on how the game works, I could ask this question.
What if one team on the PS3 won a battle, but the other team on the PS3 in a different match won the same battle on the same planet?

There's a good reason for this. The battles are dynamic. It's really really not difficult to grasp, you're just looking for a reason to prove other people wrong, no matter how ridiculous you sound. You're just being stubborn.

I understand what others are saying. it's just personally, it doesn't sound like it makes sense.
And when then full game comes out, there won't be same battles. You have different battles at different locations on the planets but that's as close at it gets.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:05:57 AM by hgpucom »

Let me link you a loving meme.

Lol you don't understand my logic and that's not how the game works.

Summary: Game being released for console, not PC. PC gamers (and a console gamer or two) try to explain why. PC gamer disagrees with console gamer logic and vice versa. Both with strong points and opinions. Both still disagree. Both with superior sense in ground of argument. Argument gets nowhere. Overblown conversation about a developer decision. Game sits there with eyes crossed.

The point is that that's how it should work.

Oh okay, so you proposed a problem:

it would have two different outcomes when there can only be one. If you win a battle on a planet it automatically affects Eve itself. If a PC battle won and a PS3 battle lost on the same planet how would that work out on Eve?

And I explained why that wouldn't happen:

Here.

But I'm still wrong regardless?

So what you're saying is the problem is already happening with just PS3 players? Are they already experiencing multiple outcomes for the same battle?
Or are you just being handicappedly stubborn again?

So what you're saying is the problem is already happening with just PS3 players? Are they already experiencing multiple outcomes for the same battle?
Or are you just being handicappedly stubborn again?
Look another person who hasn't played either games. You do know this is still in Beta, right? And it's currently connected to the Eve Test server Singularity? Oh and also, through the beta test you play the same battles only to test specific maps and multiplier modes? OH and that you won't be playing same exact locations twice during the real game release? Because if you didn't, now you know.

Look another person who hasn't played either games. You do know this is still in Beta, right? And it's currently connected to the Eve Test server Singularity? Oh and also, through the beta test you play the same battles only to test specific maps and multiplier modes? OH and that you won't be playing same exact locations twice during the real game release? Because if you didn't, now you know.

Completely irrelevant.