Author Topic: AirInstrumentHUD - Flying a plane is now 99.99% easier.  (Read 7699 times)

AirInstrumentHUD is a server-sided mod that puts a bottomprint with rotations, angle of ascent, and speed if you're driving a vehicle that can fly.

THIS IS NOT A CLIENT-SIDED MOD, but I might make one if I can figure out how to get the rotation of the player's vehicle on the client.

FAQ:
Question 1: Why won't the bottomprint display?
There probably is another add-on displaying a bottomprint at a fast loop. Also, disable VCEPrints while running this!

BNFB sponsors this:
I am proud to announce that BNFB Supports this Add-On!! Should I add it to OP or leave it in second post?

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:57:14 PM by Axolotl2 »

fist post
looks cool

Glad that you released this, good work

pix4clix
I've always wanted one ever since I played my first Dogfighting server!

Awesome! I'm part of BNFB, the moment I saw this I knew we'd be involved. Very nice work.

Awesome! I'm part of BNFB, the moment I saw this I knew we'd be involved. Very nice work.
Those Add-ons We Support!

Glad to see it released! Ill download it and check it out in game ASAP, as well as update the OP to this link. Thank you!

First reaction: Yay!
THIS IS NOT A CLIENT-SIDED MOD
Second reaction: -_-

no offense, but how does this make it easier to fly? it sounds like its more trivial information than actually useful

this seems like it could be clientsided easily
speed = distance/time
%speed = vectordist(%lastTickPos,Serverconnection.getControlObject().getPosition()) / %tickTime;
and you could use getEyeVector()/getUpVector()
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:12:46 PM by MARBLE MAN »

this seems like it could be clientsided easily
speed = distance/time
%speed = vectordist(%lastTickPos,Serverconnection.getControlObject().getPosition()) / %tickTime;
and you could use getEyeVector()/getUpVector()
I'll work on a client-sided version of this when I find out where to place the HUD info without it blocking out the server bottomprint.

you could overwrite the old bottom print function and make so that the bottom print is always underneath any current bottom prints

I'll work on a client-sided version of this when I find out where to place the HUD info without it blocking out the server bottomprint.

Lol what? You can place it literally anywhere else on the screen. It's not like the bottom print control takes up 99% of the screen or something..

playgui.add(new guimltextctrl(blah){position="1000 0";extent="200 16";});

...done?

playgui.add(new guimltextctrl(blah){position="1000 0";extent="200 16";});

...done?

Hey, can you stop?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:06:32 PM by elm »

I say It should be a Cileng-Sided Mod Because I hate it when stuff is sometimes is a Server Mod

Holy forget that's nice.