Author Topic: Blockombat sound error.  (Read 1013 times)

Players who join my server get;
ERROR: AudioProfile::preload() could not resolve description id 1921 for sound Add-Ons/Weapon_Blockombat/BoltOut.wav

datablock AudioDescription(QuietRange3d : AudioClose3d)
{
maxDistance = 10;
referenceDistance = 5;
};

datablock AudioProfile(BoltOutSound)
{
   filename = "./BoltOut.wav";
   description = QuietRange3d;
   preload = false;
};

(reposted from help)

Is it AudioClose3D or AudioClosest3D?

Both AudioClose3D and AudioClosest3D are valid datablocks. Did you try just using AudioClose3D and seeing if it works? Clearly that isn't a permanent solution but at least it could help us identify the problem.

Both AudioClose3D and AudioClosest3D are valid datablocks. Did you try just using AudioClose3D and seeing if it works? Clearly that isn't a permanent solution but at least it could help us identify the problem.
After changing all the references of the AudioDescription to AudioClose3D, players spawned in my server 100% fine, before, the entire process of downloading datablocks would stop for them.

Something is wrong with the description, I've tried copying values from an existing, working datablock into it, removing the parent, and changing the preload on the boltout sound to true.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:44:26 AM by Conservative »

Try creating a dummy duplicate of AudioClose3D and seeing if it still works.

Code: [Select]
{
    randomVal=0;
};

Then see if the problem appears again when using that.

To clarify; I know you already tried something similar. I just want to ensure this doesn't work.

This was one datablock.

datablock AudioDescription(ShortRange3d : AudioClose3d)
{
maxDistance = 20;
referenceDistance = 13.75;
};

This was the broken code after replacing the variables.

{
maxDistance = 20;
referenceDistance = 13.75;
};

Players recieved the exact same error.

What? Did you read my post? I asked you to tell us the results of creating an exact duplicate datablock, not to change the name. Changing the name wouldn't fix the error.