good?

let it burn in PC hell
7 (63.6%)
Decent, look at more though.
3 (27.3%)
Get it
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Is this a good desktop?  (Read 689 times)

So my laptop, which I bought for Mixing / School purposes, is being used for gaming...

it's not BAD... but the specs aren't really meant for gaming lol

2GB of RAM

111 GB of hard drive

Intel Centrino Duo Processors

1.8 GHz

Intel 956GM Graphics

-

I can run Portal 2 with graphics on low, and get a steady 20-30 FPS.

But I was looking for some Desktops that are not too expensive, nor too cheap. I cannot afford $1000000000 computers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103788

If any of you know a cheaper computer that's basically the same specs. I'd love you.

I also probably won't order this until like September. If I do get it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:33:58 PM by Cookiez664 »

get something with a dedicated gpu?

portal 2 is optimized to work well on stuffty computers - a better framerate test would be minecraft lol

What kind of gaming do you want to do?

What kind of gaming do you want to do?

Counter Strike Global Offensive

LOTRO

SWTOR

Minecraft

Gmod

BattleField 2 / 3

Call of duty MW2

Dota 2

Metro 2033
-

That type of game range.

You're not gonna get a good gaming computer for under $400, sorry. It hasn't even got a dedicated graphics card! No way you're gonna be able to play those games with that computer. You'll probably have to multiply your budget by at least 3 to get a decent computer. It would also be better if you built it yourself. That is usually cheaper than buying a prebuilt computer.

ahahahaha you really don't need 1200 dollars for a good computer

you can probably get one for at least 400

ahahahaha you really don't need 1200 dollars for a good computer

you can probably get one for at least 400
Mine was 700$ but plus a new monitor (1920x1080) but the graphics card in it suuuuucked, so I bought a new graphics card, here are some of the specs. AMD

Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR 5

AMD FX-6120 Six-Core Processor 3.5GHz

I can play Battle field 3 with decent FPS on high settings, BL on max graphics/shaders, and Counter Strike, TF2, all valve games full graphics in the 60's and 70's of FPS.

You can boost any crappy PC with new parts, or you can make a PC, building a PC is WAAAAY cheaper.
Watch this video to see --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh455l3348s&list=UUw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA&index=4

You're not gonna get a good gaming computer for under $400, sorry. It hasn't even got a dedicated graphics card! No way you're gonna be able to play those games with that computer. You'll probably have to multiply your budget by at least 3 to get a decent computer. It would also be better if you built it yourself. That is usually cheaper than buying a prebuilt computer.

Could you link me to a decent Computer? Preferably $380 - $500?

From mowing just one lawn this coming summer I'll make $480. If I do 2 lawns I can make $960. So make $480 my budget.

ALSO

What if I changed the Graphics card / GPU?

Mine was 700$ but plus a new monitor (1920x1080) but the graphics card in it suuuuucked, so I bought a new graphics card, here are some of the specs. AMD

Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR 5

AMD FX-6120 Six-Core Processor 3.5GHz

I can play Battle field 3 with decent FPS on high settings, BL on max graphics/shaders, and Counter Strike, TF2, all valve games full graphics in the 60's and 70's of FPS.

You can boost any crappy PC with new parts, or you can make a PC, building a PC is WAAAAY cheaper.
Watch this video to see --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh455l3348s&list=UUw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA&index=4
Their. Watch the vid

good? hahahaha no.

decent? eh, depends if you like playing things at low res on low settings.

From mowing just one lawn this coming summer I'll make $480. If I do 2 lawns I can make $960. So make $480 my budget.
i'm curious, who the hell pays 480 for mowing a lawn

Could you link me to a decent Computer? Preferably $380 - $500?

ALSO

digging through pre builts and build categories.

posting results later once i find some.

i'm curious, who the hell pays 480 for mowing a lawn

Mowing season is May to October usually, possibly longer.

$20 each time I mow. That's not counting other lawn care I do for the guy.

oh i thought you meant just mowing once lol