Scree went to shade of green

Author Topic: Scree went to shade of green  (Read 1439 times)

I work for my schools Technology Services Department, so I can tell you how this would be handled.

1) Try another VGA Cord.
2) Try it on another computer. (if works, computer's graphics are dying)
3) Screen is fried if that doesn't work.

It's unlikely that the entire screen would go green on a monitor without an external conflict. Seeing that the monitor's menu is in the proper color, it makes me think that it's a VGA or Graphics Chip issue.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:31:44 PM by Jeep »

My screen randomly turns to a shade of pink or blue sometimes, but it usually goes back in a minute or two.
I recommend to
Try another VGA Cord.

i remember when i got back from playing blockland one day and my screen was randomly red lol
i restrated the computer and it went back to normal.

It's a VGA cable problem. Jesus Christ people, thought you would get this on the first page.

The VGA cable is losing blue and red, so the screen is tinted green. Buy a $5 VGA cable from Staples and be done with it.

It's a VGA cable problem. Jesus Christ people, thought you would get this on the first page.

The VGA cable is losing blue and red, so the screen is tinted green. Buy a $5 VGA cable from Staples and be done with it.
Thanks, I also thought it was the problem considering the other monitor worked fine with it. (used a different VGA)

try the monitor on another computer.

Connection is loose, wiring is bad, or the GPU is dying.

Thanks, I also thought it was the problem considering the other monitor worked fine with it. (used a different VGA)
You're welcome.

Look at the picture in OP.

The control window is blue. That means the monitor itself is fine. So, it would have to be the computer or the cable like Darkness said.

Lol at Citrus talking about the "color guns" and telling you to degauss it. I don't think i've even seen a CRT monitor in a few years.

If your monitor looks anything like this, you have another problem.

A possible solution:

Go to "Calibrate display color." Just type that into the start menu if it's 7. You can make the colors all green (or reverse it) from in there.

Oh, that isn't 7. I don't remember what OS that is but it's filling me with nostalgia. You should be able to find something similar.

A better way to experiment:

1. Try another monitor with the same cable.
2. Try the same monitor with a different cable.
3. Try a different monitor with a different cable.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:15:54 PM by Eksi »

Probably why I started using DVI cables.