Author Topic: What the forget is this windows auto update bullstuff  (Read 1600 times)

I was playing tf2, and randomly my computer shut every program down for an update, I got no warning, no postpone, nothing.

Discuss this bullstuff/relevant bullstuff

i guess you should turn off auto updating

It gives you a warning for automatic update shutdown, you can cancel the restart there. You must've ignored it.

you are clearly not a sane individual
any sane individual immediately turns off automatic updates (and UAC) as soon as they install windows or get a new computer

Did you play Tf2 in full screen? It probably would not overwrite that overlay and just display BELOW IT where you can't see it.

any sane individual immediately turns off automatic updates (and UAC) as soon as they install windows or get a new computer
why?

That's a really stupid thing to do considering updates can prevent malware and spyware, not to mention common viruses.

That's a really stupid thing to do considering updates can prevent malware and spyware, not to mention common viruses.
that's why you update it instead of letting it do it for you

I just let it update overnight when I lock my computer.

I keep UAC at max because of paranoia that malware code might be injected into a program I download.

i never update, and don't have an antivirus or antimalware or anything
im fine.

It gives you a warning for automatic update shutdown, you can cancel the restart there. You must've ignored it.
It doesen't open over Blockland and apparently not TF2 either, same problem is probably with most fullscreen games.