Author Topic: Clones computer broke.  (Read 637 times)

I am so pissed off right now.
So my computer started acting up a while ago, but for the last few days it has been more or less unusable.
Everything is forgeted, I have to restart it 30 times a day to do anything because windows and every single function of the computer crashes within 5 minutes of startup and can't be opened again.
(e.g. I will be on the forums, nek minnit google chrome is shut down and I can't open it again then windows crashes and everything breaks and entire computer turns into a brick)
So I was like, well forget I'll have to back up my most important stuff to a terrabite external hardrive and wipe the comp to factory condition, but no, the computer is so forgeted I can't even connect to it or anything that I plug into the comp.
So basically all I can do is wipe the comp (assuming I can still do that) without backing up anything from my years of using it.
There is no hope for trying to install or run anything to somehow help because I can't download anything let alone run it as all the functions and workings just crash after start up.
So yeah I'm going to lose everything including all my 100s of gigs of animus and general entertainment stuffincluding all my /incrediblyhardtogetaholdof/ research which took a long time to collect I downloaded for when my internet runs out (which is going to happen very soon)
So yeah.
Help me for the love of god.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:18:38 AM by Clone v.117 »

If you can't get any external hardware to mount (usually there is SOME way but if for some reason there's not) you could always just create a new partition in which you copy the data you want into and then format the partition(s) that Windows and everything else is on. After that you can reinstall and then access the data in the partition you made previously.

Why is it "forgeted"?
I have no idea what caused it and I haven't downloaded anything recently.
It could have been some sort of virus but it isn't like any malware or anything I've seen before.
General process that occurs between reboots-
Start comp>every app on my comp randomly opens at random times>"windows has crashed" cant open anything and all I can really do is move my cursor around>reboot because everything is nullified

If you can't get any external hardware to mount (usually there is SOME way but if for some reason there's not) you could always just create a new partition in which you copy the data you want into and then format the partition(s) that Windows and everything else is on. After that you can reinstall and then access the data in the partition you made previously.
What do you mean by create a new partition?
Also not knowing if something like that would work anyway because generally after I open anything (eg. mydocuments or something like that) windows crashes again.

Accidental double post ;-;

I'm guessing you tried safe mode.

i may sound as stupid as ever but cant you take the hard drive out and put it in a different computer?

I have no idea what caused it and I haven't downloaded anything recently.
It could have been some sort of virus but it isn't like any malware or anything I've seen before.
General process that occurs between reboots-
Start comp>every app on my comp randomly opens at random times>"windows has crashed" cant open anything and all I can really do is move my cursor around>reboot because everything is nullified
I think that happened to me once, except the mouse would freeze as well sometimes, but not all of my apps would open up. I couldn't do it anything, and it felt all... Sticky. I dunno.

my laptop won't much longer, i'm afraid of stuff like this happening to it

I'm guessing you tried safe mode.
Yeah I tried but the computer freezes and turns off when I try.
i may sound as stupid as ever but cant you take the hard drive out and put it in a different computer?
Don't think so, besides it's a prebuilt laptop so yeah.

I'm gonna try back it up to last week and see if that helps anything and hope I don't lose too much, assuming I can do it at least.

It could be overheating, laptops are easily prone to it because lots of dust can collect inside. Unscrew the back and get a can of compressed air to blow away dust if it's there. I've "fixed" many a friend's laptop that ran slow and crashed all the time by doing that.

I feel sorry for you as i've been through the same thing before, I lost all my pictures off stuff I had on there :c

So it definitely is/started as a virus at least, all my system restore points but it managed to stay un-broken long enough for me to download malwarebytes so hopefully that will help.

Make a Linux Live-CD with another computer and boot your computer in Linux OS,
and use it to secure your files you want to save to another device.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:28:02 AM by Mr. Blockhouse »

Make a Linux Live-CD with another computer and boot your computer in Linux OS,
and use it to secure your files you want to save to another device.

god damn it i was gonna suggest that.