I got Albuterol in my eye.

Author Topic: I got Albuterol in my eye.  (Read 15245 times)

I was setting up my Nebulizer and I got Albuterol in my eye. What do I do?

NO SILLY stuff. I'm actually a little nervous right now.

http://www.drugs.com/albuterol.html

Quote from: Drugs.com
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes. If this does happen, rinse the eyes with water and seek medical attention.

It shouldn't be an issue at all.

Albuterol is fairly common.

Do this
Rinse the eyes with water and seek medical attention.

Albuterol isn't really that bad for your eyes in small doses. If you were to take a tube of it and pour it all over your cornea then yes, you'd have a problem. But warnings like that are the same as on toothpaste. You'll only get sick if you intentionally eat the entire tube.

Albuterol isn't really that bad for your eyes in small doses. If you were to take a tube of it and pour it all over your cornea then yes, you'd have a problem. But warnings like that are the same as on toothpaste. You'll only get sick if you intentionally eat the entire tube.
Phew. I blocked most of it by closing my eye really fast. But like a small drop got in there. I was just worried.

Phew. I blocked most of it by closing my eye really fast. But like a small drop got in there. I was just worried.

Nah, you're good man. just go rinse your eye out with some water, and if you have some eyedrops put them in.

It has a material in it called carbon dichlorinate acid, CCl2, which is considered mildly corrosive. You should go to a hospital immediately.

It has a material in it called carbon dichlorinate acid, CCl2, which is considered mildly corrosive. You should go to a hospital immediately.
Is this a joke. ;-;

...rinse the eyes with water and seek medical attention.

Just rinse you eye under running water.

I been rinsing my eyes with water for ten minutes. Should I go to hospital? YES OR NO?

You'll probably be good if you wash them out really well. The warning is just to cover their ass if someone does something stupid.