BLB. Door events to open for specific ID(s)

Author Topic: BLB. Door events to open for specific ID(s)  (Read 4733 times)

legacy doors just need more variation

there just needs to be more events for the doors

like an extension kinda like jvs for options of open to just you, full trust, build trust, any, etc

Badspot

• Administrator
legacy doors just need more variation

To clarify, "legacy doors" is a script that attempts to un-forget JVS doors.  The new blb based doors are just "brick_doors".

To clarify, "legacy doors" is a script that attempts to un-forget JVS doors.  The new blb based doors are just "brick_doors".
Add the restrictions to them, then it works a whole lot better as a replacement. Also, how is it "forgeted up"? JVS events allow for max customisation and are easy to use once understood how to use them.

Add the restrictions to them, then it works a whole lot better as a replacement. Also, how is it "forgeted up"? JVS events allow for max customisation and are easy to use once understood how to use them.
Example:
Sometimes when the admins of Bluzone tried to host, all the JVS events went missing on /reloadbricks.

Badspot did a nice thing fixing the doors we grew into, but yeah, I support this topic.

how is it "forgeted up"?
  • There dts not actual blb
  • The length of events makes the save file alot larger than it has to be.
  • With how they work a limet is put on them. blb doors makes it so you can place alot more.
  • There is no toggle feature in JVS the missing feature also as stated before makes the length alot longer than it has to be.
  • With door sounds, opening and closing animations, and abnormally complex shapes the datablock limet is raised alot more then it has to be.

• There dts not actual blb
Because blb can't have awesome animations and who gives a stuff?
  • The length of events makes the save file alot larger than it has to be.
And allows for more customisation
  • With how they work a limet is put on them. blb doors makes it so you can place alot more.
Um, what "limit" do you talk about? Why would you want more than 500 doors?
  • There is no toggle feature in JVS the missing feature also as stated before makes the length alot longer than it has to be.
This indeed should be added
  • With door sounds, opening and closing animations, and abnormally complex shapes the datablock limet is raised alot more then it has to be.
Don't enable 1000 weapons and then you have no problem with it
Also, we want our door sounds and not the same ew sound for every door

Because blb can't have awesome animations and who gives a stuff?
No its since dts bricks normally don't work and have errors. Such as all the prop bricks
And allows for more customisation
The request of the topic is for events to customize blb doors.
Um, what "limit" do you talk about? Why would you want more than 500 doors?
For large builds, challenges, or pictures envolving alot of doors there needed. Also limet for JVS is 50.
Don't enable 1000 weapons and then you have no problem with it
I only turn on brickpacks, events, and emmiters normally everything is default except building tools. JVS still raises the datablock limet alot more then it needs to.
Also, we want our door sounds and not the same ew sound for every door
You want, not we you. But I do agree there should be events for blb doors to change the sound.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:58:15 AM by Bester Bageler »

If you still didn't find the RTB pref to change the door limit, I don't know how to help you.

How about a button to lock the door from the inside?  Or a secret way to open it?  Or a door that just doesn't open and you have to admin-orb into the room?

The JVS events are a complete clusterforget and should be permanently abandoned.

I usually use your key add-on. Maybe there could be a door key that can open every door of the brick owner with a specific level trust?

Badspot

• Administrator
Also, how is it "forgeted up"?

Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a goddamn door.
  • stuffty AIM sounds
  • Ego-wank "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Ass-backwards-as-forget loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago. 
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.

Problems with JVS doors:

• stuffty AIM sounds
  • Ego-wank "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Ass-backwards-as-forget loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago. 
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.
All of this is true.
The only reason I still actually use them is because they're animated. And I barely use them because of the load times.

Problems with JVS doors:

• stuffty AIM sounds
Well, so much for jvs.
Damn.

Would JVS events work with the default door?