Poll

Poll • Military Weapons

Keep the military weapons to intensify and create chaotic combat.
Cut down on military weapons to keep realism and make finding guns very serious.

Author Topic: DayB • 1/14/14  (Read 100836 times)

To people who donated, you have been refunded due to issues with the PayPal account. If you wish to keep your donator status, please donate again or your privelages will be revoked.

You have been refunded of course, so don't panic. Another PayPal will be up soon sometime this week.
What..
He was only joking, haha.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:37:00 AM by Derroith »

lel page 69

Maturity strikes again. jk

No but really good job guys.

derroith was the first to 69

btw how come its not 96-- oh thats why.

Inventory is coming along nicely, there will be three types of inventories.

• Toolbelt Inventory
  • Default Inventory
  • Minigame Inventory

The toolbelt inventory will serve as a little hotbar that will let you choose your tools, these tools will include maps, compasses or even binoculars. You'll have up to ten toolbelt items.

Your default inventory is what everyone uses on every server in the game, you will only have to available spots, these being your primary weapon and your secondary weapon. Your primary weapon could be an M14 and your secondary could be a kitchen knife, these are only examples.

Lastly the minigame inventory serves as a large story that shows everything you have, your tools, your guns, your foods and anything else you could carry. It has a little bit of a learning curve but it's easy to catch on, no download is required for the GUI too! Another thing to add is that all items have slots and weight, each item weighs a certain amount (weight) and takes up a certain amount of space (slots). I'll provide some examples:

AKM, assault rifle (7 pounds) (8 slots)
Binoculars (3 pounds) (3 slots)
Blood bag (1 pound) (2 slots)

If you ever exceed your slot amount you cannot carry anymore, if you exceed your weight capacity, you can't carry more even if you have plenty of slots open. This works the same for slots, if you run out of slots but have extra weight you can carry- you can't.

It's fairly logical if you think about it, so I don't really expect any complaints, feedback would be great though.

Another thing ...

Hint: Fair rewards for surviving long.

Well this is awkward ...  :panda:

Hooray for DayZ standalone release?

So inventory was a bitch to code, but it's done. I need to put it together with the rest of my existing work. For anyone who is interested in a half-rant list of things I struggled to work with:
  • Items must be stored individually on a GUI list that wasn't designed for more than two commands.
  • When items are added to the list, only specific datablocks will stack. Some items must retain unique data such as ammunition and health.
  • Tools must be managed on the brick HUD so that a player can hotkey the tool.
  • Items are by default stored in the order they were added. Adding/removing items could disorganize the list if not given a proper look.
  • Only one of the two commands actually has any input.
  • With these one command the GUI must allow the player to equip, drop, take (inventory to player) or store (player to inventory) the selected item.
  • With the other command the GUI must allow the player to navigate between three different inventory types; inventory, backpack, player.
  • All of the above must be managed for multiple clients accessing the same inventory. So any item manipulation is immediately visible to all other clients with access.

For now I play some Battlefield 4.

So inventory was a bitch to code, but it's done. I need to put it together with the rest of my existing work. For anyone who is interested in a half-rant list of things I struggled to work with:
  • Items must be stored individually on a GUI list that wasn't designed for more than two commands.
  • When items are added to the list, only specific datablocks will stack. Some items must retain unique data such as ammunition and health.
  • Tools must be managed on the brick HUD so that a player can hotkey the tool.
  • Items are by default stored in the order they were added. Adding/removing items could disorganize the list if not given a proper look.
  • Only one of the two commands actually has any input.
  • With these one command the GUI must allow the player to equip, drop, take (inventory to player) or store (player to inventory) the selected item.
  • With the other command the GUI must allow the player to navigate between three different inventory types; inventory, backpack, player.
  • All of the above must be managed for multiple clients accessing the same inventory. So any item manipulation is immediately visible to all other clients with access.

For now I play some Battlefield 4.
This is great! How much is there still left to do of the code before it will be playable?

Holy stuff, we got pushed back five pages, haha.

Shappeh, we should do some stuff this weekend, my birthday is this weekend. :-)

Holy stuff, we got pushed back five pages, haha.

Shappeh, we should do some stuff this weekend, my birthday is this weekend. :-)
Do you know when DayB will be released?

Hunger, Thirst, and Temperature really kill this for me.
Sounds more like an RP than a game.

Hunger, thirst and temperature are part of survival. Without these factors, this gamemode would be more comparable to a free-for-all deathmatch with zombies.