Poll

Poll • Military Weapons

Keep the military weapons to intensify and create chaotic combat.
Cut down on military weapons to keep realism and make finding guns very serious.

Author Topic: DayB • 1/14/14  (Read 101036 times)

Can anybody who has access to the server save the build for me? I can't access my computer and I don't know if I'll be able to tomorrow which is the deadline for the RTB server.

Looking forward to this.

:cookie:

I just saved it.
Sweet, thanks a million.

Did you get my Skype message? I'll contact you somehow anyway.

i'm so ready for this

I think your Skype messages sit in an "outbox" state until we're both online.

As crazy as this sounds I think we may do a new map for the sake of adding more features and now that we've learned to conserve bricks this could be easily done.

Some of these features would be:

• Mountains
  • Bigger map
  • More structures
  • General terrain improvement

Although there's one main con:

• Takes more time

I'll set up a poll to see what people think. The map currently is great, but we're limited and it absorbs the brick count in some areas.

Could we still finish the current map and us it as a beta? I wouldn't say construction of a new map would set us back as there is still a lot of work to do in other areas of the project. If we have time to improve I say we take advantage of it.

I would say your main priority is to get a working version hosted and playable. while players are playing, be working on new content.

Yeah, make a better map after the mod is somewhat done

A problem we ran into with the current map is that when we lowered it to save some bricks, it deleted all the bushes, and there was about 1,000 or so individually placed ones.

So it might take longer to work on the current map rather than start a new one.

But I like hearing your guys ideas, I might make a premium/beta raffle for the hell of it.

i think that we should make another map, but only if we can find better ways of conserving bricks. my main concern is that its taken us, what, about a year to get as far on the map as we are? longer? and if we conserve more bricks and make it larger and add more terrain, it will take even longer to make the next one. i doubt just the two of us could finish another one. we should definitely finish the one at hand, if only to actually get some fun outta it

I'm completely out of motivation on the current map, and placing all those bushes sounds like Self Delete. The reason it took us so long is because we had to built all the trees, buildings, and other assorted stuff. As bad as it sounds, it might actually be better.

Rivers and mountains sound cooler too ... :-(

Not to be a richard or anything but, I can bet you it won't be any faster if you make the new map. You're going to eventually lose motivation for that one as well.