Author Topic: Leaked SimCity beta footage.  (Read 1544 times)

the amount of ignorance in the comments is astounding

Not the closed beta,

The #SimCity Beta is taking place Jan 25-28. Be the first to play a one hour slice of the game: http://bit.ly/WaQ6XQ  RT if you're excited!

That doesn't start till next week.

the game still looks great
even with everything they've done negatively to the game, i still want to play it

I'm liking what reddit says.

The beta hasn't started yet, There's been hours passing with them in full knowledge that it's there AND it has a pre order link in the description.

Marketing scheme?

Also it totally is more like Tropico then simcity.

I kind of don't want to get the new sim city because of it's multiplayer feature.

This just isn't the kind of game to play with other people imo

Not the closed beta,

The #SimCity Beta is taking place Jan 25-28. Be the first to play a one hour slice of the game: http://bit.ly/WaQ6XQ  RT if you're excited!

That doesn't start till next week.
That website is working perfectly

Maxis' Senior Director of Communications retweeted this, so EA must not mind

Yup, Marketing.

Looking good, eevryone is being super crybaby about city size etc. but this would all be fixed should EA make an offline version so we can mod stuff and make cities large ourselves.
Also the animation for the advisor is choppy.

"[SimCity 5 Beta] Starting T..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EA.

Bugger

The "beta" / 1 hour demo is a waste of time.  Yes, it's one hour only.  EA will give you only one hour to play for this demo.  It's not a beta.  They're pretty much just ironing out last bugs.

It's not 1 time only, You can only play a city for 1 hour, Then you start again.

Did anyone download it?

Did anyone download it?
I did cause I knew it would be taken down
I will download

Who thought it'd stay up on YouTube? I didn't see the page, but I assume how it was set up wouldn't have been approved by everyone involved in the game.