Author Topic: Internet issues; Really need help.  (Read 997 times)

This has happened before, too. Me and my entire family are tired of it.
Sometimes, our internet will suddenly stop all internet connections - I'd still be connected to the network, and it won't say it has a problem.
To reconnect to the internet, I have to disconnect from the network - Thus, the connection goes down by a single bar - then attempt to connect, resulting in an "Unable to connect" message after a few seconds. However, it says it's still trying to connect in the list. After that, it will either:
A) Stop trying to connect after a second or two. This is what usually happens.
B) Continuously  try to connect with no avail, forcing me to disconnect. Happens sometimes.
C) Successfully connect despite it saying it failed to connect. Happens rarely.
If A or B happens, I'll just connect again and it will connect within a second, without an issue.
Now, this wouldn't be much of a problem IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN EVERY 5 MINUTES.
These skype chatlogs show how log I can go until my internet crashes.

Note that these are only a few, and that sometimes I'm able to revive the call if I act quickly enough. Trust me, it gets incredibly annoying.
It stopped for a few months, then came back. Before that, it happened a few months earlier, but had stopped for a while.
This is my router: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/routers/dgl-4500-xtreme-n-gaming-router

Could someone help?

Oh, and my internet crashed twice while trying to post this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:01:10 AM by *FacePalm* »

How was it redolved last time and have you tried just restarting your router?

How was it redolved last time and have you tried just restarting your router?

We didn't do anything to resolve it, it just stopped.
And yes, we've reset it countless times.

Your router appears to be defective. If you're within your warranty period you might be able to claim it; contact D-Link support for further details.

might want to do a hard reset

Why not pick up the phone and ask the people you actually pay for internet to help?

might want to do a hard reset
Why not pick up the phone and ask the people you actually pay for internet to help?
I've done both of these things. Still happens.

Your router appears to be defective. If you're within your warranty period you might be able to claim it; contact D-Link support for further details.
I told my mom but she won't do anything.

I told my mom but she won't do anything.
Your mom is an idiot and is not knowledgeable about this subject.

Women

wwowe dotn tok 2 my momy lik that :((((((((9(((

But yeah, she just refuses to buy a working one.

But yeah, she just refuses to buy a working one.
Just like she refuses to buy a working brain?

The ISP provides the Internet connection to the router. Anything after that is not their problem.

Usually when I have internet issues with connectivity stuff like that, it's on the ISP's side, not the router's.

Usually when I have internet issues with connectivity stuff like that, it's on the ISP's side, not the router's.
Did you even read the OP? It's obviously either a router/AP issue, or a wifi card issue.