Poll

a

b
c

Author Topic: Nintendo Megatopic LOCKED  (Read 151422 times)

i feel good when i hear the 1-up chime
i think it'd be more of a travesty if they removed it because it symbolizes mario a lot, and whenever you think of lives you think of 1-ups

i feel good when i hear the 1-up chime
i think it'd be more of a travesty if they removed it because it symbolizes mario a lot, and whenever you think of lives you think of 1-ups
Now that i think about it...

It could be a big change to the way how the game works. What would we be awarded for getting over 10 000 points in a row?

1-ups should stay but they shouldn't appear as often as they do.

for collecting 100 coins, you should not get a 1-up. ESPECIALLY in new super mario bros 2
i currently have over 500 lives on there and i have not even played it that much.

1-ups should stay but they shouldn't appear as often as they do.

for collecting 100 coins, you should not get a 1-up. ESPECIALLY in new super mario bros 2
i currently have over 500 lives on there and i have not even played it that much.
I have over 500 lives in Super Mario 3D Land. The Koopa shell trick is so easy to abuse in that game.

I have over 500 lives in Super Mario 3D Land. The Koopa shell trick is so easy to abuse in that game.

true

i wanted [CROWN CROWN CROWN] lives because i wanted to play without wearing a cap. and whaddya know, that problem was solved in maybe 10 minutes.

super mario 3d land is too easy anyways. i hate it how a lot of game developers make stuff too easy nowadays.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:28:45 AM by Yosher »

true

i wanted [CROWN CROWN CROWN] lives because i wanted to play without wearing a cap. and whaddya know, that problem was solved in maybe 10 minutes.

super mario 3d land is too easy anyways. i hate it how a lot of game developers make stuff too easy nowadays.
Its pretty much so that they can introduce the games to much younger audiences. I found Super Mario Bros U challenging at certain parts. When the Luigi version of that comes out which has been said to be a lot harder, i will have a good challenge for myself.

Its pretty much so that they can introduce the games to much younger audiences.

i'm pretty sure the old mario games like super mario bros 3 were aimed at a young audience too, and those were pretty difficult so that's no excuse at all.

i'm pretty sure the old mario games like super mario bros 3 were aimed at a young audience too, and those were pretty difficult so that's no excuse at all.
I have been trying to beat Super Mario Bros 3 ever since i was 5/4 and my Dad showed me what Mario Bros 3 was. I am now almost 15 and i beat the game about 2 or 3 months ago.

Maybe it's because of how standards have changed over the years, people became less aware of how to play a simple game and tend to die on every part that isn't in the least bit challenging

That's why quite a few games these days have tutorials all up in your face while you're navigating areas

trust me
eight year olds suck at mario :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:13:09 AM by Freeze »

Maybe it's because of how standards have changed over the years, people became less aware of how to play a simple game and tend to die on every part that isn't in the least bit challenging

That's why quite a few games these days have tutorials all up in your face while you're navigating areas
Well Imo the reason why tutorials exist is because games have many features and consoles have more buttons, so its a bit harder to just press each one in each situation (especially if its a game like GTA or something) to find out all the features.

Mario games should really forget off with the lives system. It is so outdated and i highly doubt people would even care. I currently have 99 lives in Super Mario Bros U.
It's not that it's outdated, it's that they throw too many lives at you nowadays. Not to mention the difficulty is much lower.

trust me
Not back in the day

trust me
When I was 8, I went all the way to world 3 on Super Mario Bros. 3.

When I was 8, I went all the way to world 3 on Super Mario Bros. 3.
When i was 6 i got to the ice world

My brother told me about the warp whistle.

When i was 6 i got to the ice world

My brother told me about the warp whistle.
I didn't use any warp whistles, I just beat all the levels.
Then again, it was my first platformer game other than Marble Blast.