Nintendo Megatopic LOCKED

Poll

a

b
c

Author Topic: Nintendo Megatopic LOCKED  (Read 149600 times)

>Sega Saturn
>Nintendo Network

>Sega Saturn
>Nintendo Network
>Wii U over Sega Saturn logo

On a serious note, I would want to buy this new Sonic game when it's out.

-snip-
Who's going around claiming this? Sonic isn't even in space.

Who's going around claiming this? Sonic isn't even in space.
I think it's because of Sonic running on those rounded surfaces at certain points during the trailer

I think it's because of Sonic running on those rounded surfaces at certain points during the trailer
Isn't one of his new powers wall running?

Isn't one of his new powers wall running?
Yes, and in the trailer he runs around surfaces that are circular, which was the illusion sonic xtreme's fish eye lense was trying to convey.

On another note, that game looks really damn good. It's different in terms of control scheme from unleashed, generations and colors, and going at top speed is a choice the player has with a button. It seems really slick.

DKCR3D has to be one of the most greatest games ever made. The level design, bosses, controls are great and the developers really grabbed on the chance to finally utilize the use of buttons instead of those great stick shaking controls. The level design is great because there are totally no cheap deaths. The bosses are fair and challenging at the same time. Can you believe that? Well i know i don't and i shouldn't, because this game is loving atrocious. In games that were designed by good designers, the game respects the players past experiences and uses them well. This game instead of being nice to my past experience, is just raping it in the ass.

-being wrong-
Retro studios, never failing, much like platinum, clover and wayforward.

You're completely incorrect. DKCR is a fine game made by a great studio
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:32:29 AM by Megaguy2 »

So any news on the development of SSB Universe? Possible release month?

So any news on the development of SSB Universe? Possible release month?

they're going to show it off in some way at E3 (june 11th is when they're doing the main Nintendo Direct)
so perhaps we'll know then

Well i know i don't and i shouldn't, because this game is loving atrocious. In games that were designed by good designers, the game respects the players past experiences and uses them well. This game instead of being nice to my past experience, is just raping it in the ass.

what are you talking about. i've played dkcr at least 5 times now and no cheap deaths at all. all of the deaths were due to my lack of skill and not the game.

what are you talking about. i've played dkcr at least 5 times now and no cheap deaths at all. all of the deaths were due to my lack of skill and not the game.
Its either the 30fps limitation of the 3DS or the camera which is stuffting on me all the time, but definitely there's something wrong with the controls. So far what i conclude as cheap deaths would be in the first roosterroach level where you run away from the big black wave of roosterroaches, there is this platform you can hop on that you expect to be the "Hard route" which would give you KONG letters or puzzle pieces, but no, its a loving dead end. The game has loads of "trial and error" levels in which you have to spend at least 10 lives to learn how the hell do you beat the level, the presence of the fat forgethead who keeps hinting you the super guide and the fact that you have wasted a stuff ton of time going over the level just to die a few meters away from where you last died, you start to get angry and your skills playing the game will actually decrease. Back to the cheap stuff though, in the first world where there is the level in which you bounce from barrel to barrel escaping from the collapsing bird totem pole statue whatevers, suddenly one of the barrels starts turning instead of just pointing in one direction. No one can see that stuff coming, people are distracted by what is happening around DK and keep pressing A to keep going and suddenly one of the barrels fires them into the wrong direction. That is not fair. I really wonder if this version of the game had any play testers. Even GameXplain said in his review that the FPS has lead him to some deaths in the game.