Author Topic: Coburn and Cloudy8's Lobby (WIP - More to come) (Large Pics)  (Read 6441 times)

Okay, first off, this is a WIP, some pictures are with shaders at max, some with none (just so you can see it in the current state). Any darkness from shaders, this will be tweaked later with custom lights and brighter shadows.

This build will be a lobby, a portal for other gamemodes I will be hosting. You can explore the lobby before joining other gamemodes. I'm deciding between a 80% already coded deathrun or an RTS that I have not started.

The build is 4 stories underground even though when joining the server it look slike I tower. By the time the build is finished, it will seem like a 4 level deep pit.

The build is currently about 1/2 done.

Pool by feline:

UPDATE 2:
Entrance to the new WORKING 4 elevators! Each has 5 floors, and theres a calling system that calls the first available elevators. Thanks to Xalos for his elevator mods even though I hate them <3.

4th floor wip

2nd floor elevator lobby

Elevator control room, all these bricks do something

New overview from the top

WIP ski hill! (Yes, there will be one, hopefully :D)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:30:01 PM by DYLANzzz »

neat?

main problem is builds with several gamemodes going on usually force the quality of individual gamemodes to drop drastically.

Holy stuffe

cannot express amazement

Glad you guys are enjoying it :D
There's much more to come! :)

ok now i can say why i am so impressed

the terrain is good, and the ceiling terrain at the castle area is pretty damn awesome

each building individually is awesome, and the design idea of central empty column, although simple, is amazing in execution, especially with shaders
overall it looks like a theme park, with many attractions, each beautiful and interesting in its own way.

The way you integrated buildings into the pillar walls also lends itself to interest as its quite eye catching to see buildings that'd youd normally see standalone integrated into the rock

The four pillars in the center atrium also are rather impressive; its like they are holding up the light or sun that is shining down

As a whole build its clearly very well planned and non-skimped on; everything is consistent in quality (good quality) and there seems to be no limitation in combining design ideas here.

I would very much like to help on this but I know you two have it down, and don't need help. Bringing in additional helpers actually may reduce the quality as conflicting styles mix.

Can't wait to see the completed grassed atrium with more foliage! And please, don't keep this as a private build, its much too good to be lost.

I would very much like to help on this but I know you two have it down, and don't need help. Bringing in additional helpers actually may reduce the quality as conflicting styles mix.

Can't wait to see the completed grassed atrium with more foliage! And please, don't keep this as a private build, its much too good to be lost.
Actually, each building that's integrated into the pillar wall that you're talking about is supposed to be made each by a different person. So far there's about 2 done. One is by Rhytz, who decided to make a pub themed sort of build. Another is by Morpheus who wanted to do a log cabin with like a snowy exterior. There's a few more WIP's and I think in the end (if the people come back) we'll have one from Dante, MrNobody, and A Random Guy. I'll probably end up taking up whatever suites havent been done in the end although I have already started my own.

If you'd like to help, there's a template for those buildings and I have a few introductory rules but you're pretty much free to choose whatever theme you want, I really wanted a wide variety in these buildings to allow the players to explore all the different things.

As for being a private build, I may or may not release it like I did with this one.... Old Valley TDM

This looks really cool! Well done! Would like to see it in game one day :)

It's p cool to have a "hangout" spot on servers like these. I was on the "falling platforms" server last night and they had a lobby (Nothing like this tho), witch helped out with the boredom between games. Overall, I like it alot :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:16:12 PM by Reformist »

Actually, each building that's integrated into the pillar wall that you're talking about is supposed to be made each by a different person. So far there's about 2 done. One is by Rhytz, who decided to make a pub themed sort of build. Another is by Morpheus who wanted to do a log cabin with like a snowy exterior. There's a few more WIP's and I think in the end (if the people come back) we'll have one from Dante, MrNobody, and A Random Guy. I'll probably end up taking up whatever suites havent been done in the end although I have already started my own.

If you'd like to help, there's a template for those buildings and I have a few introductory rules but you're pretty much free to choose whatever theme you want, I really wanted a wide variety in these buildings to allow the players to explore all the different things.

As for being a private build, I may or may not release it like I did with this one.... Old Valley TDM
Well, i really do hope you release it. would be a shame if this wasn't. Would serve as a great example of getting inspiration and building styles from, for new builders.

This deserves a (public) dedicated server for exploring, really. I feel the pictures don't do the build justice, since there are so many things to see at different angles and such. But i understand why you passwroded it.

I'd really like to help then, if I can. I'll message you right now over RTB.

Aaaaand, bump + OP update

no one posts on this freaking topic