Author Topic: Blockland Aces: Fires Of Liberation - Mission 3: Sipli Field  (Read 26703 times)

I go to the command center & mission control room, I talk to one of the officers:
"I feel something bad is going to happen, well, can I have my own squad?"
"Hmm, yes, Let me contact the pilots, what kind of pilots you want? Rookies? Aces?
"I would like a 5 men Veteran squadron including me, with PAK FAs."
"Okay then, Name of the squadron?
"Red Squadron."

Bold Is choice of Moderators.

Squads are OK, PAK FA is OK. Veteran squads have no impact on anything.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:49:41 PM by Deoxys And One Noob »

I walk around base, having nothing better to do.

I go ahead and ask Steele if I can be unbarred from the next mission.

"...I'll give you the same answer as I gave Lieutenant Abel. I'll consider it."

I salute and get some rest.

I head over to the barracks to get some rest.
Damn, this cybernetic leg is hard to get used to.
Also it looks p much like a normal leg just all robot-y and no toes-y, the war takes place in 2015-16 so I have an excuse for cybernetic limbs

i got bored so i drew a bunch of legs for gojira

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:18:59 AM by Watcher In The Myst »

For the rest of the afternoon I've decided to retire to the barracks to try and get some rest before the next patrol shift. However, despite missing several hours of sleep, my eyelids don't feel very heavy.

Earlier today I picked up a JSF primer handbook, thinking that reading it might be a good way to ease my anxiety. I was wrong. All my thoughts just kept drifting back to the war. I didn't even last five minutes before giving up and tossing the book aside altogether.

I'm not much for prayer, but ... Golden King, please be with us. I know I've cast off your memory as a bunch of gradeschool bullstuff, but I think I've come to realize that Emmeria needs you now more than ever. If you're trying to help and you're not sure where to begin, I think the order I placed for the F-35B would be a great start.

For the rest of the afternoon I've decided to retire to the barracks to try and get some rest before the next patrol shift. However, despite missing several hours of sleep, my eyelids don't feel very heavy.

Earlier today I picked up a JSF primer handbook, thinking that reading it might be a good way to ease my anxiety. I was wrong. All my thoughts just kept drifting back to the war. I didn't even last five minutes before giving up and tossing the book aside altogether.

I'm not much for prayer, but ... Golden King, please be with us. I know I've cast off your memory as a bunch of gradeschool bullstuff, but I think I've come to realize that Emmeria needs you now more than ever. If you're trying to help and you're not sure where to begin, I think the order I placed for the F-35B would be a great start.

An F-35B rolls unto the paveway an hour later.

did we get planes yet?

'"Damn. I have absolutely loving nothing to do."

An F-35B rolls unto the paveway an hour later.
All hail Golden King.

"Aaaaaa why is there so much nothing to do and yet I'm so stressed out aaaaa."

Also wow thanks Watcher :D
I see it as effectively looking like a foot if it has a sock on it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:08:14 PM by Gojira »

I was about to take a nap when I suddenly heard my name called over the intercom. I've been ordered to report to the commander's office. What for? I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong in the past twenty four hours ... oh yeah.

I hurriedly made my way to his office, hoping for the best. Upon arriving, the first thing I see is the CO's stern expression. "Lieutenant Abel," he says grimly, "I just received word on your order." I almost physically brace myself for the words I expect to hear, but they never come. Instead, the CO gets up from his seat and picks up a seemingly misshapen black object. It takes a full second before I make a stunning realization -- it's the F-35's signature helmet!

"You are now a pilot of the F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter. The new fighter has been moved to your hangar and will be available to you on every deployment." He hands me the helmet. "I believe this is yours now." I gingerly accept it with both hands, and take a moment to appreciate everything about it. "Stop gaping. You look like a loving monkey with your mouth hanging open like that. There's still more I have to tell you." I snap out of my reverie and pay attention.

"Yes, sir?"

"Since you don't have any experience with the JSF, I'm temporarily relieving you of patrol duty. You have between now and the upcoming operation to familiarize yourself with the new fighter. Use your time wisely. To start you off, I've scheduled a roosterpit orientation session for tomorrow afternoon at 14:00."

"Understood. Honestly commander, I can't thank you enough."

"You said that the last time you were in my office. Anyways, don't thank me. You really have no idea how damned lucky you are. It was pretty much the last one in our inventory, and they agreed to hand it over to an ass clown like you..." He trails off and lets out a sigh. "Alright, that's everything. Now get out of my office."

I promptly leave with the helmet tucked under my arm, happy with how things turned out. Holy stuff, maybe old King Aurelius is smiling upon us after all.