Author Topic: Everything's impossible  (Read 1341 times)

What's up with the attitude that almost nothing is possible whatsoever in torque? Everything's "not possible" even simple stuff like ocean waves and mirrors. (I remember mirrors even used to BE in the game before they were removed)

Wait, there were mirrors once? WHAT! Why were they removed?

Mirrors are possible. But they would probably be laggy from having to render everything again for every single mirror brick.

There never were mirrors...

Mirrors are possible. But they would probably be laggy from having to render everything again for every single mirror brick.

I'm pretty sure the addition of mirrors would not affect the performance at all.

Wasn't there only mirrors with interiors? Or did someone actually make a mirror brick at some point?

Wasn't there only mirrors with interiors? Or did someone actually make a mirror brick at some point?
I remember GSF making a mirror in one of his maps then removing it.

There never were mirrors...
There were, I haven't seen them myself but I've heard so many people say there were that it's hard not to believe it. Anyways it would work like shaders do, only a bit more intensive

Mirrors required the scene to be rendered multiple times. But so do shaders.

A good number things actually are impossible in this specific version of the engine. A few things are impossible even if the engine were changed. However, there are a few chittering bandwagoners who say "isn't possible" even when it is

There were, I haven't seen them myself but I've heard so many people say there were that it's hard not to believe it. Anyways it would work like shaders do, only a bit more intensive
GSF Ghost had a mirror in one of his maps, but there were never any other mirrors.

I'm not proposing this should happen to blockland but does it help if blockland had a dedicated rendering engine, or is it worse/same? I am talking about game engines in general also.

I'm pretty sure the addition of mirrors would not affect the performance at all.
Educated opinion right here, folks.

When someone simply says that a suggestion is impossible, it usually means one of four things:
-The person is, as Treynolds described, a chittering bandwagoner who knows nothing of the subject.
-It's not possible for the average user to implement, though Badspot could do it easily.
-It's not possible for the average user to implement, and there's no way in hell Badspot would waste his time with it,
-The thing being suggested is literally impossible. (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=87729.msg1598407#msg1598407)

because it's true.

It's not possible to have it through the game directly.
At least, not anything like talking into a mic and having it played through the server. There's no possible way, trust me.
That's the whole loving point of of suggestions and requests section.

put four mirrors around each other and crash a server.